Wiki Posts
Search

Best Western Diamond Elite Upgrade Help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Hotels, in particular BW hotels, play dumb when the honored diamond member wants to get something for free. Be sharp and don't move from your position. It's your right to get an upgrade.
Surprised to read such a strong stance in regard to a stay in Italy. The BW website, at least for US members, lists the upgrade benefit ONLY when staying in US and Canada hotels. There's no "right" anywhere else.

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Does diamond status ever expire with BW?
A while back, I had earned Diamond status. After 2-3 years it drifted down to Platinum, then another year down to Gold, as I recall. But maybe matched status is different.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:44 pm

Location: fort worth, tx AA Gold,Best Western-Diamond, HH- Gold, Marriott-Silver
The updgrade and bonus points are strictly a benefit for US and Canada hotels. They are not a RIGHT there either. The site specifically states that Suites (and other top of the line rooms are excluded) although in practice some properties do allow upgrades to them. You are allowed "best available" regular room, not highest price room in the building. Policy or not it is ALWAYS up to the hotel and what their bookings will allow at the time of arrival. I've been very happy with my Diamond Experience even though the only stays I've had since being a Diamond have been international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.