Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Best Western | Best Western Rewards
Reload this Page >

Canadian Offer: 50,000 pts (20K approval, 30K for 1k spend) for MBNA BW Mastercard

Canadian Offer: 50,000 pts (20K approval, 30K for 1k spend) for MBNA BW Mastercard

Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Hi folks,

Just as fyi, I have a list of special credit card offers in my signature. If you see something special like this offer, I would greatly appreciate if you send me a PM with a link to the thread. I would have loved to put this in the OP:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html

Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Hi folks,

Just as fyi, I have a list of special credit card offers in my signature. If you see something special like this offer, I would greatly appreciate if you send me a PM with a link to the thread. I would have loved to put this in the OP:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...er-thread.html

Thanks.
no problem
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: AC
problems posting....30,000 posted automatically....nxt 20,000 ...needs some hand holding...
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:30 pm

Any reason to keep this card if bonuses were posted already? Any chance of this offer being repeated?
Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Any reason to keep this card if bonuses were posted already? Any chance of this offer being repeated?
I cancelled it. It's no fee, but I wasn't using it, and even forgot about a $6 charge - and they made sure to hound me about that after I was a week late with paying that off! LOL!

Incidentally, I tried to have it transferred to another card with a bonus, but they wouldn't allow it, since I already got a 50,000 bonus (the CSR even said that to me on the phone!). There was some useless cash back card that he recommended, but I just said forget it - cancel!

At the very least, a decent bonus and the $60 rebate will likely be back on GCR, which is worth the app!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
60,000 points

60,000 points offer now on!
Get in fast, because spending requirement deadlines are coming up soon.

More at Milesbuzz! Canada thread
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:20 pm

Anyone know if you can re-apply and get the bonus points if you've previously held that same card in the past year? I just cancelled mine in February. I am guessing that I would likely not qualify....
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
Anyone know if you can re-apply and get the bonus points if you've previously held that same card in the past year? I just cancelled mine in February. I am guessing that I would likely not qualify....
Depends. My experience is that, yes, MBNA may allow it. Exceptions might be if you canceled the card too quickly (within 6 months of issue); YMMV in that case.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: *void
Poke,

Similar to you, I cancelled in Mar, after carrying it around for 6 months. I applied through the 60K promo page. I got approved, received the card a couple of days ago, and spent the first $1000 already. I'll update with my results after my first bill has been generated.

In any event, since it's a no fee card, it's worth the shot....I'm not concerned about the ding to my credit score.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:09 pm

anyone have any advice of this?

I applied for the card with a 60k, 20k points for initial spend, with the spending deadlines of spend $1k before July 31 2013 for a bonus of 30k, and spend additional $1k before Aug 31 2013, for a bonus of 10k points.

I applied Aug 21 2013, received the card a couple weeks later, then put charges through in October of over $4k

I called MBNA customer service about the bonus, and they said tough on the bonus points as you did not make the deadlines for the bonus points.

my point being that if they approved my card, they should give me some time to start to make the deadlines for the bonus points.

I was awarded the initial 20k bonus points, on my Oct statement, guess I should not hold my breath for the other 40k in bonus points.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by reggie108

I applied for the card with a 60k, 20k points for initial spend, with the spending deadlines of spend $1k before July 31 2013 for a bonus of 30k, and spend additional $1k before Aug 31 2013, for a bonus of 10k points.

I applied Aug 21 2013, received the card a couple weeks later, then put charges through in October of over $4k

I called MBNA customer service about the bonus, and they said tough on the bonus points as you did not make the deadlines for the bonus points.

my point being that if they approved my card, they should give me some time to start to make the deadlines for the bonus points.

I was awarded the initial 20k bonus points, on my Oct statement, guess I should not hold my breath for the other 40k in bonus points.
You've been a loyal mbna customer, but that's about all you'll get credit for here. You got the 20,000 points, which was the deal.

MBNA has deals with their partners, such as BW, that they have to answer to, to reconcile fees for the service provided, in this case, delivering a bunch of potential BW customers before the August 31 deadline.

You might be able to get some courtesy points if you ask really nicely? Good luck.

Oh, and remember, don't cancel the card soon, even if that would feel good.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by reggie108

You better off applying for the next promotion right away as it appears. Move on from your last encounter.

I applied way in June, got my card in late .... late July but manage to beat the deadline and met all the requirements and still waiting for my 30000 points. They are very slow in getting the 'final approval", slow in getting the card to you and slow in awarding points. The worst card division of TD bank I just can't stand the routine of "thank you for your patience". I actually move the receiver from my ear when I start hearing that so that I don't blow my stack. I don't know how good the Best Western hotels are, stay once which was OK.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:26 pm

God I hate MBNA...I always seem to have problems with their security questions when I go online with my PC at work (is it case sensitive?) and get locked out. Then I have to CALL because I get locked out. You don't know how many times this has happened to me. NEVER happens with other cards. Now I am waiting on hold - almost 30 mins now. Really? Credit card customer service with over 1/2 hour wait times during the day in the middle of the week. Despicable!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 3:21 pm

God I hate MBNA...I always seem to have problems with their security questions when I go online with my PC at work (is it case sensitive?) and get locked out. Then I have to CALL because I get locked out. You don't know how many times this has happened to me. NEVER happens with other cards. Now I am waiting on hold - almost 30 mins now. Really? Credit card customer service with over 1/2 hour wait times during the day in the middle of the week. Despicable!
I bet it is after you punched a hundred of numbers already......
Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I bet it is after you punched a hundred of numbers already......
For challenge questions (when you are at an unknown PC) 3 strikes and you're out. I got it re-set and now I've written them down. For the life of me, I just can't remember who my best childhood friend is all the time (and yes, this was one of the EASY challenge questions out of a long list of FIVE that are available for THREE challenges). Ugh...

MBNA does the same thing (questions you to DEATH) for credit card apps - but at least THOSE are multiple choice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.