Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Western Qualifying Nights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Best Western Qualifying Nights

Can I get qualifying nights for multiple room booking. I need to book 3 rooms for 3 nights. Will I recieved 9 qualifying nights?
Also is it possible to recieve the 3 stays for 1.5 RR credits?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I know with hilton you would only get 1/2 credit and credit for one stay and three nights but would get points on the entire hotel bill if it is one reservation. I would jsut call BW's customer service number to find out for sure.

If you are going for airline credits and they will give you the points based on all three rooms I would switch the preference to points for that stay. Even if you are only a regular BW gold crown who is non premium you get 10 points per $1 spent. You can transfer 5,000 points into a WN credit so that means for every $500 spent you will earn a southwest credit. Having 3 rooms for 3 nights has to amount to a lot more than $500 in charges. As a diamond I figured out the stay would have to be less than $192.31 for it to pay me to go with the half credit (2,500 points would be a half credit divided by 13 points per $ charged). If it is going to be a one night cheap stay I will have it set for a southwest credit. Anything over $192 I set it for points

They have a GREAT promo with WN right now. 1 WN credit for every $100 gift card purchased up to a maximum of 5 credits.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stallion114
Can I get qualifying nights for multiple room booking. I need to book 3 rooms for 3 nights. Will I recieved 9 qualifying nights?
Also is it possible to recieve the 3 stays for 1.5 RR credits?

Thanks in advance.
Comon sense directs me to say no --otherwise, someone could find the least expensive BW in their area and book multiple rooms to get the credits. Extremely doubtful.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:31 am

As jamesteroh said, for airline credit "one stay" means from check-in to check-out. Regardless of the lenghts of your stay, you will get 1/2 point for one stay. But get points on the entire hotel bill if it is one reservation.

Please be careful with the qualifying rates, here are the exemptions:
https://goldcrownclub.bestwestern.co...rv/faq.asp#Q11

As for the multiply rooms, quote from the BW site:

If I book more than one room at a Best Western for the same night, can I get points for each room?
A: Best Western hotels are not required to issue points for more than one room booked by the same member for the same night.

It means, that the individual hotel is not required to give you points for the second and third room. Neither hotel points nor airline credits.
According our long time experience in many BW hotels, most of them in the US do give you points, credits for second, third rooms, but many do not.

So if you are lucky, you might get max 1.5 credits. I agree with others: go for the points instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.