Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Does anyone know of any good Avis coupon codes? Please private message me.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Have you read this THREAD at all? There is a nice full page list about five pages back
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Have you read this THREAD at all? There is a nice full page list about five pages back

I've been going through the thread for the past hour looking for COUPON codes not AWD codes if that's what you are referring to. I have not found any COUPON codes. Going through pages is very time consuming. Time is not something I have right now.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I am sorry, my misunderstanding. I'm not sure I have seen any coupons lately, or on this thread too much at all.

The last coupon I saw was the itunes codes
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:36 am

No issue. I usually rent from National and they always have good coupons and codes but there service and choice is really starting to suck at DTW. I'm going out on a limb asking for help because I know Avis has slim to none but just in case someone has something please message me. I'll keep it on the hush hush.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 8:33 am

I try to book an minivan in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) for 1/25~1/26

using AWD#K444404, the price that gave me are 50% off..great AVIS code...

One more thing. I don't know if they will took that code off, when I go to pick-up the car..

and give me the normal rate...
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:39 pm
Suspended

I would be carefull with this code, it has been flagged. The code for the ones who really deserve to use it has been changed, slightly.
If unsure that they will honor the selected rate, have a backup reservation...
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:33 am

I plugged in awd code j868801 to avis and got insanely better rates. I read throughout this forum that it's from the Florida Vistors Bureau and it's a safe code to use, but I didnt know if anyone could tell me what the Visitors Bureau is? I tried googling it, and was completely unsuccessful. Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 2:02 pm

Will I have a problem using A074800?

I am going to Tucson from 2/3-2/7 and have a standard car booked for a base rate of $152 or Total of $200 w/ taxes.

If this isn't a code I can use, what do you suggest for Tucson?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by blove859
I plugged in awd code j868801 to avis and got insanely better rates. I read throughout this forum that it's from the Florida Vistors Bureau and it's a safe code to use, but I didnt know if anyone could tell me what the Visitors Bureau is? I tried googling it, and was completely unsuccessful. Thanks.
I've use it and a few others that I know personally have used this. I don't know anything about FVB, but in the past 2 years, this code has not caused any issues to those that I know.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by viewsonic
I try to book an minivan in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) for 1/25~1/26

using AWD#K444404, the price that gave me are 50% off..great AVIS code...

One more thing. I don't know if they will took that code off, when I go to pick-up the car..

and give me the normal rate...
Take a peek in this thread, there's a discussion about this AWD.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by atwnsw2
Will I have a problem using A074800?

I am going to Tucson from 2/3-2/7 and have a standard car booked for a base rate of $152 or Total of $200 w/ taxes.

If this isn't a code I can use, what do you suggest for Tucson?
Can anybody comment?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
you should be fine with that awd

no reported problems

many have used

confirmed that awd should be good to go by a former avis manager in these forums
Old Jan 27, 2009, 6:55 am

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, VirginAtlantic, BritishAirways,
Hello
my first post. Just found out about website. Just found out I can save on car rental.

I am planning a long trip with 3 car rentals. I prefer Avis as I don't have to pay for the extra driver.

My trips are 9d in FL, 50d in TN, 5d in MI. I entered AWD J868801 and got discounts in FL, TN, MI.

Will this AWD be valid? From the thread (I only read a few pages) it seems good but then it says something about the Florida Visitor Bureau, so I don't understand why it works in TN and MI. Will I need special ID?

Thank you for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.