Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renting from .ca vs .co.uk?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Renting from .ca vs .co.uk?

I'm looking at booking a car in England, and the price difference is extreme!

The car classes seem to differ, however:
.ca I picked 'Medium' which says is a VW Golf or similar
.co.uk I picked 'Medium: Executive' which is also a VW Golf or similar

$486.92 vs £471.23 (~$877 CAD). How the heck can it be almost twice the price??

The only difference that I see is the Canadian page doesn't offer CDW where as the UK site does (with a deductible).

Surely someone has been in the same boat as me. If I rent from the Canadian site, does it actually include the same non-excess coverage as the UK site, or is there a difference between the two?

Ultimately, I was hoping to purchase 3rd party excess insurance to cover the deductible portion should anything happen to the car, but if I book it and it has absolutely no coverage, then that changes a few things.

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
If you go onto the American Avis site, and say you're a US citizen, the price quoted is about half the price than if you select UK citizen. No idea why..
Old Mar 3, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Flapster
If you go onto the American Avis site, and say you're a US citizen, the price quoted is about half the price than if you select UK citizen. No idea why..
CDW - most US residents get this covered by their credit cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.