Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volkswagon CC

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Question Volkswagon CC

I see on the Fleet List the Volkswagon CC is listed under Premium. How common are these cars and what trim level(s) do they usually have?
Old May 12, 2012, 2:09 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I can't comment on the trim level (only had them 2x and I'm not familiar w VW's standard features), but I've only seen them at IAH and they aren't that common.
Old May 12, 2012, 4:02 pm

Were they 2013 CCs, IAHTraveler?
Old May 12, 2012, 5:07 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Were they 2013 CCs, IAHTraveler?
Nope, it was the 2012... VW was probably selling them cheap before the new model came out.
Old May 13, 2012, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

How was the drive? Seems like a pretty decent car. I've had smaller VWs as rentals, found them all comfortable and drove very well.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 1:43 am

The VW CC is my car of choice when renting simply because it is one of the most responsive vehicles I've ever driven. The design allows for the driver to easily identify the boundaries of the vehicle making parking and maneuvering effortless. The base model is from my experience the exclusive option found within the Avis/Budget fleet. However, two weeks ago when inquiring at the Preferred counter if one might be available the agent commented that the VW CC is likely being phased out from the fleet due to low consumer interest. This would be rather unfortunate since this car is IMHO perfect in so many ways. For instance, the fact it only seats four adults having no center seat in the rear up until 2013 models is thought to be a negative by many. But I don't have any children and don't see any reason to wedge a fifth wheel companion along when two couples is decent capacity for any vehicle. The attachment to the antiquated fifth passenger option in a $30k vehicle is ridiculous when one considers that this is a luxury vehicle (premium by Avis classification) and, like any luxury vehicle, not aimed at the partridge family or brady bunch demographic. If more room is needed, use a different car. But for business travelers or frequent renters usually comprising of one driver along with one or maaaaayybe two passengers, complaints that the vehicle only seats four is nitpicking about nothing.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
I had a '12 VW CC as a rental in IAH as well. I liked it. Plenty of power but a little bit of lag if at a low RPM when asking for it. Comfortable interior. It had a large screen entertainment unit, and I'm pretty sure I was able to use Bluetooth to pair it's hands free system with my phone.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 7:58 pm
SST

I like the CC, but have never encountered one at Avis despite 60+ rentals a year. Most of my rentals are in California. I've never even seen one on a lot.

I suspect that the CC's starting price of about $25k being so much larger than the Malibu's $17k price, and the CC's seating for 4, not 5, dooms it with Avis. A pity. How great the thing drove when I test-drove it. A really nice euro-sedan. I sure wish we had them; they DO have a few BMWs at LAX, but they're incredibly pricey to rent and you never get upgraded, in my experience.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:34 pm

Spotted a '13 VW CC the other day, was tempted to swap my Volvo XC60 for it.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Platnium, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Spotted a '13 VW CC the other day, was tempted to swap my Volvo XC60 for it.
Volvo XC60? What class is that and where did you get it at? I'd love to get myself into one of those. I only saw Volkswagen CC at PHL once and it was a 2012 model.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by nightracerx
Volvo XC60? What class is that and where did you get it at? I'd love to get myself into one of those. I only saw Volkswagen CC at PHL once and it was a 2012 model.
Got it at DCA, but it had NY Plates. Totally unexpected; in my years of car renting, this is the first XC60 I've seen in rental service.

Shortly after returning it, I saw another new XC60 downstairs at the Budget location.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Drove a brand new '13 CC < 5 miles on it. It was a very nice ride - definitely one of my favorite rentals YTD.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:43 pm

The CC is a very nice rental and I haven't seen any offered by Avis thus far. I've rented it at least 3x in the past six months through Enterprise though.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 9:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
DFW had a few of these. I was tempted to try the Avis First car-swap thingie but I was beat and just wanted to get to my hotel. I did end up with a new Chrysler 300 though, having reserved an intermediate, which is the highest class of car I'm allowed to reserve using our hateful corporate travel portal.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz President's Circle, AVIS First
Picked up CC in LAS

I am not sure if my CC is 2012 or 2013. But based on Volkswagen site it looks like a 2012. It only has 3k miles. I like the drive of the car. Bluetooth pairing was easy with my Galaxy phone. Nav and Sat radio functions are easy to use. But its kind of hard to get in and out. Question - does anyone know where the cigarette lighter is located?

Last edited by NYCTaximan; Dec 31, 2012 at 10:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.