Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:07 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by ChiFlyer2000
Hello everyone,

I was surprised to see today that my upcoming reservation in DEN has been changed from a BMW 740i (which I reserved) to a Jaguar XF. I didn't realize that Avis even had Jaguars and their website still does not list them as a signature series vehicle. Regardless, do you think I should call and ask for a downgrade comp considering the XF is significantly smaller than the 7 series? I am Preferred Plus as well.

Thanks!
It is a downgrade. This is a 5 Series competitor in size, price, and features. See here for details. http://www.caranddriver.com/jaguar/xf
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:11 am

LAX Mustang?

Booked in for a Convertible Mon-Fri, Anyone know what convertibles they have in LAX now?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:35 pm

If I rent an E350 from DCA right now, will I get the new one, or "something similar" or the old one.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
In Green Bay Standard SUV's were Kia Sorentos and minivans were Kia Sedonas.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by yorkacuk
If I rent an E350 from DCA right now, will I get the new one, or "something similar" or the old one.
Did you find anything out? I wanna rent one next month in TPA but I'm not interested in getting the last generation
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quadturbo
Did you find anything out? I wanna rent one next month in TPA but I'm not interested in getting the last generation
Lots of old ones floating around. I assume MB unloaded them cheap to move them and make way for the 2017. Haven't seen a 2017 and doubt Avis will spend for them.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
I've got a fullsize van booked from FLL in Feb. Avis says it's a 12 passenger version. Do they have a mix of 12 and 15 or is it really going to be 12?

Alamo says 15 for fullsize vans but they're a lot more $. Budget also says 12 and they're the same price as Alamo, I'd switch to them if there was a better chance of getting a 15.

There's 12 of us so it is ok if we get a 12 pass, but 15 would give us some room for luggage.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ride red
I've got a fullsize van booked from FLL in Feb. Avis says it's a 12 passenger version. Do they have a mix of 12 and 15 or is it really going to be 12?

Alamo says 15 for fullsize vans but they're a lot more $. Budget also says 12 and they're the same price as Alamo, I'd switch to them if there was a better chance of getting a 15.

There's 12 of us so it is ok if we get a 12 pass, but 15 would give us some room for luggage.
I've seen a bunch and driven a couple from Avis in the last ~year. Theyve all been the newer model Ford vans with only 12 pax seating.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver - UNITED SA Silver
Intermediate

Hi,

What could i expect to get for Intermediate @ OHARE ?
Do they upgrade often?
I'm preferred
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:34 pm

In case anyone wants to know, MCO rents Nissan 370z base models if you really really want one.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
Has anyone noticed the Lincoln Continental ?
since the MKS gets discontinued, will they replace it with Continental ?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:22 pm

I'm looking at renting through USAA (as they waive young age drivers fee [I'm 24]) at Chicago O'hare Airport (ORD). Which class would be best to get a car with all-wheel-drive (AWD) besides SUV? I'm looking at Buick Verano size class and possibly a Subary Legacy in there; but not sure what are the chances of getting it. Also looking at Ford Fusion or similar class.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by powerup25
Has anyone noticed the Lincoln Continental ?
since the MKS gets discontinued, will they replace it with Continental ?
Not yet and it doesn't really fit the biz model to get cars that are new and in high demand (i.e. manufacturer discounts). Now, if they don't move off dealer lots then I could see them getting a bunch by about this time next year. Avis sure got plenty of XTS's.

That said I hope they do get them as I'd love to try one out.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:45 pm

Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by rth121
I'm looking at renting through USAA (as they waive young age drivers fee [I'm 24]) at Chicago O'hare Airport (ORD). Which class would be best to get a car with all-wheel-drive (AWD) besides SUV? I'm looking at Buick Verano size class and possibly a Subary Legacy in there; but not sure what are the chances of getting it. Also looking at Ford Fusion or similar class.
Just curious why not rent a SUV? I confirmed today with Avis that booking with USAA you can rent an SUV under 25 also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.