Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Avis Code for Australia?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Best Avis Code for Australia?

Anyone know of a decent Avis rental code that works in Brisbane?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 8:07 pm
cpx

Programs: Many
You can choose "country of residence" as Australia and try the rates.
it might come out Cheaper over all.

They would also have some good deals online.

When I've booked this way.. they never asked if I lived there
or not.

If you need something inclusive of all insurance, I think Red spot has decent
all inclusive rates.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 8:13 am
Suspended

sure there are the following:
P4691000
D837200
P382680

Have fun.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 1:06 am

Programs: I've got three passports, A couple of visas, Don't even know my real name.
I routinely use other countries as a country of residence and you can get big discounts. The other way to do it is to phone the country of choice directly or get a friend in that country to book it for you.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
P4691000
D837200
P382680

Have fun.
Thanks for P382680... It's apparently associated with an Engineering Society in Australia. I used it to get a great rate in October picking up and returning to BNE. With 2 daughters at University, I'm always looking to save a few hard-earned $$$ any legal way that I can.

I do have another rental booked in January for 10 days... A one-way with pick-up at King's Cross in Sydney and drop-off at MEL. For this rental the best deal I got was via the http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com/ web site. I saved almost $350 AUD from any full-size car rental I checked on via various rental agency's Australian web sites, using the usual discount codes available at FT and other places.

The Avis code that I usually use was denied at the counter in King's Cross last Winter. The Agent said that it was expired, but since I'm a preferred renter, they did almost match it with a local deal.

Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Fwiw, these still work for Australia.
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
P4691000
D837200
P382680

Have fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.