Wiki Posts
Search

Jeep Cherokee Renters' Guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Jeep Cherokee Renters' Guide

The Avis Jeep Cherokee is the best SUV out there, it is equipped with Sirius radio (Howard Stern=ch 100) and GPS. To make the GPS work you must do the following: 1) Retrieve the GPS DVD from its little plastic bag in the spare tire compartment; 2) Use a key, nail file or small tool to pry open the "Navigation Disc" cover; 3) Insert the Navigation Disc. Avis does not do this for you, and their people don't know how.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 1:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLT, Avis First
Originally Posted by mbstone
The Avis Jeep Cherokee is the best SUV out there, it is equipped with Sirius radio (Howard Stern=ch 100) and GPS. To make the GPS work you must do the following: 1) Retrieve the GPS DVD from its little plastic bag in the spare tire compartment; 2) Use a key, nail file or small tool to pry open the "Navigation Disc" cover; 3) Insert the Navigation Disc. Avis does not do this for you, and their people don't know how.
What car class do they consider a Cherokee? W?
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:58 am

Programs: Marriott Life-Plat, Hyatt ex-Diamond, Hilton ex-Diamond, UA ex-1K, Avis ex-Chairman
Couldn't agree more with OP as I happen to be driving the same sweet SUV this week. Luckily the GPS DVD was pre-installed However, I couldn't get Sirius radio to work. All I got is an emergency announcement / weather channel. What did I do wrong?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by limo
Couldn't agree more with OP as I happen to be driving the same sweet SUV this week. Luckily the GPS DVD was pre-installed However, I couldn't get Sirius radio to work. All I got is an emergency announcement / weather channel. What did I do wrong?
For some reason the Sirius radio reception got better the more I used it. Could be Avis didn't pay the bill.....
Old Mar 2, 2006, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA EXPLT 1MM, HHonors Silver, Marriott PLT Premier, SPG Gold, Hyatt PLT, Avis PC
Where did you rent this beauty? I've never seen them in the lots that I frequent.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Life-Plat, Hyatt ex-Diamond, Hilton ex-Diamond, UA ex-1K, Avis ex-Chairman
Originally Posted by Mindwurkz
Where did you rent this beauty? I've never seen them in the lots that I frequent.
I got mine in SFO
Old Mar 3, 2006, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mindwurkz
LAX. 200 miles on it.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 1:09 am

I was told today when I returned the Jeep reluctantly that this version with GPS is actually a promotional vehicle that Avis doesn't normally carry. They are only here for 3 months... this is a rather sad news.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by limo
I was told today when I returned the Jeep reluctantly that this version with GPS is actually a promotional vehicle that Avis doesn't normally carry. They are only here for 3 months... this is a rather sad news.
I knew it was too good to be true. Among the other amazing
features of the Grand Cherokee are...

... windshield wipers that detect the amount of rainfall and auto-adjust the wiper speed

... adjustable gas and brake pedal distance

... H&W seat adjustment memory

... many, many adjustable little things like whether or not the horn beeps when you lock the car using the key fob

I hope they are available to buy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.