Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:53 am

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Originally Posted by RiverChick
I just booked a 7 day rental in Hawaii using K214028. It is from a Florida Gulf Coast Tourism group (and you don't need verification or ID) It knocked it down from $301 to $140.

After I booked the above code, I found a better one through a HawaiinTourism group. The group actually booked it for me & AVIS sent me the confirmation with the below info.

Rate Type: Corporate
AWD: G028900
Rate Code: P2
Coupon Number: UUFA212 (upgrade coupon)

This brought the total down to $130! What a deal, but I think G028900 only works in Hawaii.
Thanks! This worked great in Hawaii!
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Dan98
I still find K444404 *NetJets* code awesome in pretty much every location I've booked. No ID issues whatsoever. ^
Got refused on this in ATH recently. In typical Greek style, no reason was given save a shrug of the shoulders. Used it several times there before.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 6:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sapman986
Got refused on this in ATH recently. In typical Greek style, no reason was given save a shrug of the shoulders. Used it several times there before.
You mean you had a reservation in hand, walked up to the counter and your reservation wasn't honored? or you just walked up, told them the code and they said you couldn't use the code?

I'm asking because I've got a reservation in hand from over two months ago and will be picking a car up in about 2 weeks (not at ATH; elsewhere in Europe).

Last edited by Grog; Sep 23, 2008 at 7:14 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sapman986
K444404

I reported several months ago at Zurich city office we were asked for ID (actually the AMEX Centurion) and were refused when no AMEX was produced.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz #1 Club Gold, National Exec., Delta Silver
Update to A153710

A couple of years ago, I posted this code (which is a variation of A153700 - employee discount). I have continued to use this code when I travel without any problems until:

On a trip to Cleveland this past Aug., the customer service rep. (an elderly lady) gave me the third degree questioning about how I was able to use the code (The standard, where do I work, what do I do, ect.) She then proceeded to get her manager involved and they huddled together and discussed the matter. When she returned, she proceeded to print out the contract and gave it to me to sign. Well, upon checking it over, she had changed the contract to the rack rate!

When I questioned her about the change, she said that I was not able to use that discount code and she is required to use the rack rate. I nearly went off as I hava several business afffilations that could have produced a lower rate vs. a rack rate - She could have been more professional and told me up front about my inability to use this code vs. trying to get me to sign a changed contract without informing me first hand.

That's why I always have a back up reservation, just in case something like this were to happen - Over to Hertz I went at about $7 a day more than my original reservation with Avis.

Moral of the story: Because of circumstance, I consider this to be an isolated incident. Like I mentioned before, I have used this code for years without anything like this happening to me.

If you do use this code:

1. Use at your own risk.
2. Have a back-up reservation.

When I do use Avis (I use National & Hertz as well), I will continue to use this code.

A153710 - 17/18 = 94% success rate for me!

PS: If you are an Avis Preferred member, do not use your wizard as it will produce a higher rate.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 5:25 pm

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
Let's see if someone will ask for anything with this code. I just decided to try it out even if I was logged in with my Avis Preferred id. IN Germany for 7 days, it went from 224 to 136 for Smart, so I booked an A3...

Love the forum!
Old Sep 28, 2008, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by PCTraveler
Renting for 5 days in JAC, got the best rate by far using AWD: K006790
anyone have any idea on K006790?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 4:56 am

Worked for me

Originally Posted by Happy
K444404

I reported several months ago at Zurich city office we were asked for ID (actually the AMEX Centurion) and were refused when no AMEX was produced.
This code worked for me yesterday in a European airport station. No questions asked.

Shuly
Old Oct 6, 2008, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Grog
You mean you had a reservation in hand, walked up to the counter and your reservation wasn't honored? or you just walked up, told them the code and they said you couldn't use the code?

I'm asking because I've got a reservation in hand from over two months ago and will be picking a car up in about 2 weeks (not at ATH; elsewhere in Europe).
The former.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Speedy Rewards Beverage Club
Originally Posted by g_leyser
I'd rather not, considering it's your first post.

Would you care to explain where the code is FROM?
Remember the first commandment of FT: "Thou shalt give a first time poster a disingenuous "Welcome to Flyertalk!" before thou bashes them to pieces."
Old Oct 7, 2008, 3:44 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
W662100 - $10 / day & $0.15 cents per mile driven.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
W662100 - $10 / day & $0.15 cents per mile driven.
I am not getting $10 rate with this ID
Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:24 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I am not getting $10 rate with this ID
Weekend rentals only. See Avis.com for details.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Weekend rentals only. See Avis.com for details.
Still unable to get this rate at RSW. Have tried several weekends. I guess they are not participating in this offer.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 7:24 am

Hello all,
So I tried A153710 last night after a flight delay and they required a letter from Avis for the employee discount... Not such a good thing as I'm not an employe. So I got the regular rate. The manager said I had to have a letter from the manager at my branch signed off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.