Wiki Posts
Search

Underage fee waived?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Underage fee waived?

Hi guys,

I just joined Avis and I am 24 years old now.

I fount out that A552300 (visa cardholder) will reduce the estimated total significantly.

Underage fee also disappeared.

I am assuming that the estimated total should includes all the taxes and fees since I log in (the system will recognize my age)

However, under rate terms, it says Your rate was calculated based on the information provided. Underage Surcharges are applicable at this location.

I am a little bit confused, Do you guys know if Visa Cardholder AWD would actually waive the underage fee?

Thank You ~
Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Rental Location are Canada or U.S
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:49 am

Hi buddy, did you try to rent with this code? im 21 and im not sure if i gonna be charged the underage fee? thanks
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:08 pm

Did the code work?

hey guys

just wondering if either of you can confirm if the code worked? Was the fee waived?

thanks a lot
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by becky0092
hey guys

just wondering if either of you can confirm if the code worked? Was the fee waived?

thanks a lot
Hi Becky. Im happy to tell you i used A713700 and worked perfectly. Not a single trouble. It Is a visa code and its valid until december 31, 2017. I paid about $ 330 for 10 days picking up and returning to Miami airport..
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:09 pm

Thanks for your help and quick response. So did you not have to pay the young drivers fee at all when you went to collect the car?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by becky0092
Thanks for your help and quick response. So did you not have to pay the young drivers fee at all when you went to collect the car?
No, not at all. I recommend you to create an avis preferred account (its free) and with this you can skip the normal counter. Just make sure when they give you the bill, that its not charged. I also recommend you to have a plan B just in case. For example, there is a code for Hertz called 'travel and incentives' that i believe it also waives the fee, but is riskier because it might be associated with a company. Finally, remember to pay with a Visa credit card
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by rorro22eloco
Hi Becky. Im happy to tell you i used A713700 and worked perfectly. Not a single trouble. It Is a visa code and its valid until december 31, 2017. I paid about $ 330 for 10 days picking up and returning to Miami airport..
Just as a point of interest, the terms on this code specifically state that underage fees may apply to renters under the age of 25.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:04 pm

That's correct but I didn't have problems at all. Remember to create a preferred account so you can avoid the main counter and go directly to the cars area. It is also true that if you run the search without the code, the fee appears and if you run it with the code its waived, so you have a point to argue if there is any trouble
Old May 11, 2018, 1:53 pm

Any update on this? What if I want to have additional driver, that cant be done in aplication so I have to go to the counter or how risky is this?
Old May 11, 2018, 3:42 pm

I don't know if you can use it because it ended in 2017. There are some codes with Visa depending on what card you have such as:
Gold: N144300
Platinum: N069500
Signature: N1550000
Infinite: N074700
These all waive the fee at avis.com but you should do some research about the terms and conditions because I hadn't use them myself. At the end of the day it comes down to the person at the counter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.