Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refund of Sirus XM?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Refund of Sirus XM?

Long story short after exchanging the car twice I ended up in a Mazda 6 on my luxury res after exchanging the bmw 328i had issues with the 12v charging ports and the Lincoln Mkz made some annoying airplane like growling noise from the engine once we got around 40 mph. The Mazda 6 even in the touring trim requires the Bose sound system and moon roof package to get Sirius XM and this rental doesn't have it. I pre paid the res but is there a way to get it refunded on return?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Just ask at return. They'll make you go inside, but shouldn't be an issue at all. If not, email CS after the rental is closed and they should be able to handle it quickly.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Just ask at return. They'll make you go inside, but shouldn't be an issue at all. If not, email CS after the rental is closed and they should be able to handle it quickly.

Thanks wasn't sure if they would. Don't rent a lot from Avis and this the first time Ive rented a car that doesn't have it. Don't know why Avis just didn't purchase the car with that option because they would make extra $$$ having sirus on it. I usually purchase it whenever I rent.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:20 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Thanks wasn't sure if they would. Don't rent a lot from Avis and this the first time Ive rented a car that doesn't have it. Don't know why Avis just didn't purchase the car with that option because they would make extra $$$ having sirus on it. I usually purchase it whenever I rent.
I'd guess you're in the small minority that buy it. And I'd assume Avis only gets a dollar or two and from XM when all is said and done. And I doubt having it adds much/any value to resale values. So if it's not standard on a car, no real value in paying for it. But, I do find it odd that all cars don't just come with it already! Shouldn't be an option anymore
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I'd guess you're in the small minority that buy it. And I'd assume Avis only gets a dollar or two and from XM when all is said and done. And I doubt having it adds much/any value to resale values. So if it's not standard on a car, no real value in paying for it. But, I do find it odd that all cars don't just come with it already! Shouldn't be an option anymore

It's an option or added in a package for quite a few cars and from all the cars i rented With Avis and National they have had sirus XM. Oh well. In the Mazda 6 it's tied into the package with the moon roof and Bose sound system at least on the touring trim that I have.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
I had a rental once that kept popping the fuses on the outlets... Couldn't figure out why, but ridiculously cheap and easy to replace. I'd rather pay a couple of bucks and stay in a 3 series than drive a Mazda 6.

Like others said, you should have no problem getting a refund for a service you didn't receive.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kb9522
I had a rental once that kept popping the fuses on the outlets... Couldn't figure out why, but ridiculously cheap and easy to replace. I'd rather pay a couple of bucks and stay in a 3 series than drive a Mazda 6.

Like others said, you should have no problem getting a refund for a service you didn't receive.

Well I first got a Lincoln Mkz which I liked but it also had this issue where the engine sounded like that hissing sound you hear on an Airplane. I find the 328i fun to drive but knowing I am driving it a lot and it being a basic 16 model with 39k miles and driven like it did. One of the 12v plugs was just gone and the other just didn't work. The car also rattled a bit to much and just exchanged it for a Lincoln Mkz which I also exchanged.

In the end i am actually happy with the Mazda 6. $30 bucks to fill the tank and averaging 25 Mpg with my lead foot which isn't bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.