Wiki Posts
Search

AVIS Preferred Plus...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
AVIS Preferred Plus...

So this apparently gives you a complimentary one class car upgrade automatically.

I'm tagged as Plus now, but I didn't receive an upgrade on this trip -- standard Intermediate (Chevy Cruze) in my allocated spot. (Surprise, there was some cars in the Preferred Exchange slots! ALL MINIVANS! COME ON!)

In the future, should I just go into the kiosk and ask for an upgrade if it's not automatically done?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by Cerberus
So this apparently gives you a complimentary one class car upgrade automatically.

I'm tagged as Plus now, but I didn't receive an upgrade on this trip -- standard Intermediate (Chevy Cruze) in my allocated spot. (Surprise, there was some cars in the Preferred Exchange slots! ALL MINIVANS! COME ON!)

In the future, should I just go into the kiosk and ask for an upgrade if it's not automatically done?
I usually see it in the app. If I'm not happy with the assignment, I go to the preferred counter and ask if there are other options. They are usually accomodating. Some locations are absolutely horrible in terms of available inventory though.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yeah, I usually check the app as I'm waiting for luggage or deplaning. I'll have to just make a detour to the preferred desk instead of going straight out in the future then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.