Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AVIS.....computer issue and

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Smile AVIS.....computer issue and

Last week, I rented a car from AVIS. On their website there was a tab to click to have a free upgrade. I clicked it, and it went to where you fill out your information about when you want to rent the car etc....
I have been checking prices from 2 weeks before that and my mouth dropped when I saw that the car I wanted to rent was 50% off of what I had been seeing for 2 weeks with all rental companies. Of course, I immediately reserved it, and when I got to the credit card input, it wouldnt take any of my credit cards when I clicked on pay now. I decided to click the pay at counter and the reservation went through knowing that I have to go to the counter even though the price was a little more, but still waaaaay lower than what I had been seeing.
I decided to call AVIS and ask an agent why my credit card wouldnt work, and he redid my reservation and he asked me what country I was from. I told him US and he entered that in his system. He then tried to finalize the booking and he told me that the low rate I got was because of when I entered USA as what country I was from, it (the computer) automatically jumped from USA back to Australia as a default and it would not stay on USA.
My question is, now I have a booking/reservation for this vehicle at the LOW rate, but what will happen at the counter when I get there? Will they tell me that it is not a US rate and for Australians only or will they honor it? Its not my fault the computer reverted back to Autralia automatically....
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:49 pm

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
They should honor it,have done so for me a few times in the past due to computer glitch.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Got my fingers crossed!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:08 am

Put a hat on with corks hanging off it, a tin of Fosters in your hand a wife beater t shirt and practice "g'day mate" .....
Old Aug 16, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Should be any trouble - except that if you are an Avis Preferred member you will likely not be able to attach your membership number to the reservation (and nor will the counter staff) due to the country mismatch.

I'll give you one guess how I know that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.