Wiki Posts
Search

Avis or Europcar in London

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Avis or Europcar in London

I'm planning to rent a car in London. Avis and Europcar are charging almost the same amount for a similar sized car.

I'll be picking up in the city.

Which one is a better option?

Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2016, 4:19 am

Picking up a rental car in central London is not something I recommend. I live here - don't own a car - and when I do rent I don't pick up in the centre. Traffic is vile. City centre depots tend to be small with limited inventory. You run the gauntless of the congestion charge rules.
Where you are heading for is relevant - as getting out of the city by tube / train then picking up is often less hassle.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks rcspeirs! We're travelling with a baby and tons of luggage so it wouldn't really be practical to head elsewhere to pick up the car. We're headed to Chester. We're staying at the DoubleTree Marble Arch. Hopefully we don't hit too much traffic till we hit the motorway.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:55 am

Are you touring countryside on the way? If not, just take the direct train to Chester. Far less hassle.
Traffic within London has got far worse over the past year. It can easily take more than an hour from central London before you even reach the start of the motorway.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
I concur, taxi to the train station+ticket to Chester is the easiest way.

If you're going around the countryside in Chester, it could be an option to rent directly from Chester?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks all! We wanted to visit the Bicester Village outlet mall and the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct on the way so we decided to go ahead with the London rental. Picked up from Europcar which was a minute walk from the hotel. Luckily we didn't hit too much traffic. We reached Bicester Village outlet in about 75 minutes from our hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.