Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Chairman's club under 25

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus, National EC, Marriott/SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Avis Chairman's club under 25

Hi everyone, I'm recently thinking of purchasing a chairman's club status for about $1200 for a year. I'm weighing if it's worth it. Wish you guys could give me some suggestions. Main factors I am considering here are:

1. Car delivery and pick-up service: 25-mile radius of any Avis location. VERY IMPORTANT. Would they honor this promise every time? This would be a potential deal breaker if they do not honor it every time. This is because I am thinking of renting cars for weekly uses since I won't be using one during weekdays. Keeping a decent car I can bear with would easily cost me more than $500/month considering depreciation, interests, parking cost and insurance (remember I'm under the magical age 25). I will most often use the car for weekend groceries and shopping etc. So if they can't honor car delivery and pickup every time, going back and forth to a rental location would be too much hassle for me.

2. I'm 23 years old right now, would this potentially cause problems? Can I still use the AWD that waived underage fee I used before (I used citi leisure)? Will they charge me underage fees? I could rent 4-8 days a month, if not waived then that's a $125 - $250 more cost. This is less serious than 1, but worth considering.

3. Trivial stuff: does anyone know if I rent from a non-airport location for a mid-size and ask for delivery, would they automatically upgrade the car and deliver to me? This is just out of curiosity, while I do care about how good the car is, this is not as important as long as the car isn't crappy.

I have never been in the chairman's club before so don't really know a lot. Only thing I know is from the Avis page for chairman's club benefits. Any relevant information is awesome! Thanks folks
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by RRRun
Hi everyone, I'm recently thinking of purchasing a chairman's club status for about $1200 for a year. I'm weighing if it's worth it. Wish you guys could give me some suggestions. Main factors I am considering here are:

1. Car delivery and pick-up service: 25-mile radius of any Avis location. VERY IMPORTANT. Would they honor this promise every time? This would be a potential deal breaker if they do not honor it every time. This is because I am thinking of renting cars for weekly uses since I won't be using one during weekdays. Keeping a decent car I can bear with would easily cost me more than $500/month considering depreciation, interests, parking cost and insurance (remember I'm under the magical age 25). I will most often use the car for weekend groceries and shopping etc. So if they can't honor car delivery and pickup every time, going back and forth to a rental location would be too much hassle for me.

2. I'm 23 years old right now, would this potentially cause problems? Can I still use the AWD that waived underage fee I used before (I used citi leisure)? Will they charge me underage fees? I could rent 4-8 days a month, if not waived then that's a $125 - $250 more cost. This is less serious than 1, but worth considering.

3. Trivial stuff: does anyone know if I rent from a non-airport location for a mid-size and ask for delivery, would they automatically upgrade the car and deliver to me? This is just out of curiosity, while I do care about how good the car is, this is not as important as long as the car isn't crappy.

I have never been in the chairman's club before so don't really know a lot. Only thing I know is from the Avis page for chairman's club benefits. Any relevant information is awesome! Thanks folks
If I remember correctly, they don't issue signature series cars to people under 25. If that's true then a chairmans club wouldn't be a good option right now.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by RRRun

I am not sure that they will deliver to within a radius of ANY location. A few years back I flew into Vegas on a private plane. Instead of flying into LAS and paying the higher costs of parking the plane there we flew into Henderson instead.

There was an Avis station about a mile or two away from the Henderson airport, however, when I was making the reservation the agent told me that they would be bringing the car out to us from the Las Vegas airport station. They said it wasn't possible to deliver from the closer station.

Not sure why, but just giving you a data point for your consideration.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus, National EC, Marriott/SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
I actually don't mind those upgrade benefits, as long as they can deliver the car to me as they described. I'm weighing renting a car v.s. owning my own car costs and convenience. If they can deliver it will be no convenience sacrifice for renting a car. Else I'll just buy a car.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
I am not sure that they will deliver to within a radius of ANY location. A few years back I flew into Vegas on a private plane. Instead of flying into LAS and paying the higher costs of parking the plane there we flew into Henderson instead.

There was an Avis station about a mile or two away from the Henderson airport, however, when I was making the reservation the agent told me that they would be bringing the car out to us from the Las Vegas airport station. They said it wasn't possible to deliver from the closer station.

Not sure why, but just giving you a data point for your consideration.
Thank you for the detailed story. If they can't send it to a private airport, chances are they won't do it for an apartment address. Anyway it turns out I can't buy it. It's only for sale to US residents, I live in Canada.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Is the daily giveaways site the only place you can buy the avis chairman's status or are there other places it can be purchased?
Old May 3, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zambonisk
Is the daily giveaways site the only place you can buy the avis chairman's status or are there other places it can be purchased?
If you go here Marquis Jet Card, you get Avis Chairman's status for free.
Old May 3, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by kxc262
If you go here Marquis Jet Card, you get Avis Chairman's status for free.
"An entry level prepaid fractional jet card providing 25 hours of flight time on a light jet will cost between US $125,000 to $135,000."

Read more: Fractional Jet Cards - Key Features and Leading Providers

http://www.sherpareport.com/aircraft/jet-cards.html

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.