Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rasheed
https://www.avis.com/car-rental/html...now/index.html

Avis Preferred required. Now both Android and Apple.

*Choose Your Car
Exchange or upgrade your car before you get to the lot.

*Control Your Rental
Lock, unlock, and flash lights.

*Instant Access
Real-time notifications along the way.
Rental agreement at your fingertips.

As of 7/1/16 at the following airports:
Charlotte/Douglas International Airport, Indianapolis International Airport, Kansas City International Airport, San Jose International Airport, Bradley International Airport, Dallas Forth Worth International Airport, Austin - Bergstrom International Airport, San Antonio International Airport, Dallas Love Field Airport, William P. Hobby Airport, George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Port Columbus International Airport, Dulles International Airport, Reagan National Airport, Nashville International Airport, Raleigh-Durham International Airport, Portland International Airport, McCarran International Airport, O'Hare International Airport, Lambert-St.Louis International Airport, Baltimore-Washington International Airport, Newark Liberty International Airport, Southwest Florida International Airport, Memphis International Airport, San Diego International Airport, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Dayton International Airport, Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, Boston Logan International Airport, Miami International Airport, Palm Beach International Airport, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Albuquerque International Support Airport, Metropolitan Oakland International Airport, Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, Chicago Midway International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, San Francisco International Airport, Bob Hope Airport, Ontario International Airport, T.F. Green Airport, John F. Kennedy International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport, Philadelphia International Airport, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Print Wikipost

Avis Now App

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Avis Now App

Has anyone used the Avis Now App on their iPhone. I got an email invite to use it today and got it loaded on my phone. It looks pretty neat with real-time car inventory and being able to exchange cars using the phone app instead of going into the desk. Also the ability to lock and unlock the car and beep the horn from the app.

My next reservation is not til next week but wondered if anyone had any experience using the new app.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: SAS Gold,AA Plat, Hertz Pres, Avis President Circle, Sixt Plat
That sounds great!

Do you know if it works for non- North American residents?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:18 pm

Don't see it for Android
Old Dec 22, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, Alaska 75K Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Don't see it in Itunes either.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:39 am

99.9999% sure this a troll thread. I would invite the OP to post a screen shot of the app as there are zero hits on google aside from this thread.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Not a troll thread. This is a new App that Avis is testing at the following locations: Charlotte, Indianapolis, Hartford, Kansas City, and San Jose.

It is currently only available for iPhone users that have downloaded the Avis App.

As far as my experience with my recent rental I was sent notification of my rental assignment by e-mail like always happen. I didn't like what I was assigned and so opened the App to exchange to something different. However that advertised option did not exist in the App...so looks like they are still working on that. What was nice was that the car I was assigned I was able to Lock/Unlock/Flash Lights from the Avis app. A very useful feature if you misplace the key fob. Also it had a live reading of the gas in the tank and mileage.

I'm excited about using this again and hopefully being able to see how the exchange process goes before rental pickup. Glad to see Avis moving forward to the next generation app.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cltwheel
Not a troll thread. This is a new App that Avis is testing at the following locations: Charlotte, Indianapolis, Hartford, Kansas City, and San Jose.
Well, I havent rented from any of these locations recently, but since its not available for download in the iTunes store, the only way to load this app (on a non-jailbroken phone) is to use the Test Flight app, which is typically used for developers to test their apps prior to public release.

In that case, it would be nice to see some screen shots, cltwheel.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:06 am
Original Poster

I'm not a developer but as I understand it they are using the existing Avis App available to all on the App Store. I didn't have to go to any special site to download the app to my phone. However for the Avis Now features to work in the current testing stage you have to rent from the select locations I mentioned earlier. I did not get a screen shot of the app running on my phone but here is a screen grab of the e-mail sent to me about Avis Now. Later this week I have an Avis Reservation, will get some screen shots from my phone.

Last edited by cltwheel; Jan 4, 2016 at 9:24 am
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
What status do you have?

I'm interested in how the app handles PC/CHM upgrades.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

I'm Preferred Plus.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm guessing I saw this a few weeks ago on the standard Android app, when picking up from SJC (which is listed as one of the test locations according to cltwheel above)

A few hours before pickup I looked on the app and it had an option to start my rental. I didn't select it, because I didn't actually want to start the rental at that stage.

I checked again maybe 15 minutes before my rental was due to start and that option had gone, but when I went in to view the rental it did give me the details of the car that I had been assigned (color/license plate/stall number). I'm guessing the option to start the rental went away because they had already assigned me a vehicle.

Maybe this isn't new, but I've never noticed it before.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Executive
Originally Posted by cltwheel
I'm renting at SJC tomorrow, will report back what I find. I have an iPad and an Android phone, so if it truly is limited to iPhone only and not all iOS devices, I may be out of luck.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Executive
Well, I have nothing interesting to report after my rental at SJC this past week.

I never received an email at all - when arriving, my name wasn't on the preferred board either. Apparently there was a computer outage that morning, so things were not functioning normally.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:49 pm

any updates on this app? i haven't seen it come through but interested in the new "functions" for pickups in SJC. thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:52 am

Even if you're renting from one of the test locations, I don't think that guarantees AVIS NOW. I've rented from BDL 10 times this year, and I just got opted in for the first time on my next rental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.