Wiki Posts
Search

I redeemed points!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:25 am
Original Poster

I redeemed points!

...and they still charged my card!

I used points to do a one way, two day rental from my usual neighborhood location to DCA. I don't know where the disconnect was, but I was debited the points and my card was charged a whopping $49 a couple of days later -- kind of an added insult to remind me that 90 days of rentals is only worth $49 in savings. They cleared it up pretty fast and the phone agent seemed annoyed at the entire points system.

Tl;dr: check your credit card and make sure you don't lose your points and your dollars.

Sorry if anyone else has brought up this issue...I didn't see anything similar when I looked, but I'm pre-coffee so who knows.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you completed the rental or you just reserved it?

If you completed the rental, can you share with the tax calculations or compare the taxes on your final bill with the reservation?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.