Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis preferred under 21

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Avis preferred under 21

I signed up for Avis preferred saying I'm 21 I am really 20 I made a reservation at lax using citi group leisure travel. Can anyone tell me my chances of success or how to really rent from Avis under 21 or from anywhere except hertz.??
Old May 31, 2015, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Gary20
I signed up for Avis preferred saying I'm 21 I am really 20 I made a reservation at lax using citi group leisure travel. Can anyone tell me my chances of success or how to really rent from Avis under 21 or from anywhere except hertz.??
Lying about your (under)age for car rental really isn't very smart.
Are you entitled to use the Citi CDP mentioned?
As has been discussed ad nauseum here - there are threads going back ten years or more - Avis is stricter on renting to under 21s. Unless you have a corporate CDP that specifically allows it, or are in the military, then you're out of luck.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-...ds-w-usaa.html
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:54 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Your first rental as Preferred, you'll have to go to the desk and they validate your credentials (license/card). I can't speak for all agents and their ways, but they are trained to look for matches on the ID and account (including date of birth).
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:52 pm

Just put a false year. They barely check. If you look the right age, you can even put over 25 and get away with it
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:17 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Gary20!

To make sure you plan works, you might also want to change your handle to Gary21.

In all seriousness, you are risking having your rental denied because they will need to check your ID either at the counter, or at exit. If you are using an US driver license, it'll be in a different format (vertical) instead of horizontal, with big lettering stating that you are under 21. Someone will likely notice.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the replies! does anyone know what makes someone qualify to use the citigroup awd a047800 accnt i am a citi cc holder? has any1 under 21 used it before? and is there any other loopholes to rent under 21 anywhere else besides for hertz!?!!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
I would honestly call them ask. That's what I did the first time that I used it, but I was 22. I told them I was travelling on business (didn't say for CITI) and they said it would cover it, and have had absolutely no issues in 24 rentals using it. The AVIS reps are pretty good in my opinion, they can easily answer it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.