Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book a subcompact and upgrade at the location?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Book a subcompact and upgrade at the location?

In the past, I would book a Premium car and get a luxury car. Every now and then I would pay the upgrade to a BMW or what have you and be charged the $Xx.xx amount per day on the final bill. Well, could I just book a subcompact car, which would be a cheaper rate and then upgrade to a BMW or something and have that upgrade charge added, which would result in a cheaper bill?

Hopefully that makes sense.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:44 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

If you're asking about the Upgrade aisle at locations: per signs at some places, you need to book intermediate or larger.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PL, Avis First, AA GLD
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
If you're asking about the Upgrade aisle at locations: per signs at some places, you need to book intermediate or larger.
Alright thank you. It'll be at DFW.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:44 pm

What if they were low on cars or the upgrade charge was outrageous, would you be happy in a sub-compact car? Book the least acceptable car that you'd be willing to drive if you cannot upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.