Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Had to convert my license - worried about proving driving experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, Flying Blue, TrueBlue

Hello everyone,

I am afraid I might no longer be able to rent cars from Avis here in Europe. One of the conditions to rent a car in most European countries seems to be "Driver must hold the drivers license at least for 12 months."

I obtained my first driving license in Canada in July 2006 (good for both manual and automatic). However, I recently moved to the UK where I converted my license to a UK one (my Canadian license was taken away). Through this conversion, I was given a license that was restricted to automatic cars only. So, I had to retake a driving test.

Now, my UK license reports on the back that my driving qualification was issued less than 1 year ago.

Will I still be able to rent a car from Avis here in Europe? I do have a color photocopy of my old Canadian license showing it was issued in 2008.

Has anyone gone through this problem?

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Are you a preferred member? Drivers' license information and -history is stored in your preferred profile.
I had no issue renting cars from Avis anywhere in the world after having to convert my license three times in the past decade as a result of moving between different European countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.