Community
Wiki Posts
Search

beware of avis

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down beware of avis

Beware of Avis. Yesterday we had a reservation from Avis to pick up a car in Ft. Myers Florida. We printed off our reservation before we came and when we went to the desk we had an awful time. Our reservation said we got up to 35% off plus AA bonus miles which would be applied when we paid. The agent told us our price already included the discount even tho we clearly had a paper that said it wasn't. He brought in a manager who was worthless at helping us and clueless too. Our discount was $1. Stay away from Avis - they were totally incompetent to help. Today we called the helpline and had no help. There explanation was it was already included even though it never said that on our reservation. NEVER AGAIN
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:39 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

What was the AWD you used? Do you have a link to the coupon you used? If that was included when you made the reservation, then it was included in your reserved price. "Up to 35%" doesn't mean anything. It could be anywhere between 0-35% off and still be valid (and $1 falls into that category).
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
You obviously didn't understand what the discount was. Sounds like user error to me.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The "up to 35%" (or whatever) discount is already included in the price. It's a discount relative to not using any AWD at all (and not being logged in, because when you're logged it in uses your default AWD that you used before, if you don't specify a new one).

So you were the one who was confused.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by LAXative
You obviously didn't understand what the discount was. Sounds like user error to me.
I agree
Avis probably doesn't want them back lol
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
OP might be shocked when he/she found out about the FFP surcharge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.