Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian renting in Canada but using a co.uk booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Canadian renting in Canada but using a co.uk booking

I'm a Canadian (with a Canadian drivers licence) and I need to do two one-way rentals in January in Canada. The price that I'm getting from avis.co.uk is LESS THAN HALF of what avis.ca is quoting.

I was able to make the reservation without any problems and can't find ANYTHING in the terms and conditions that I won't be able to actually do the rentals. But I was just wondering if anyone had any real life experience.

Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat
For US bookings with Avis Uk you need a non- Us residence and proof of international travel. Canada may be different.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
I juggle all the time between avis.co.uk, .ie, .com and .fr when making bookings as prices and conditions are dfferent...never had an issue.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Especially when I need a one-way, I book on an Avis website in Europe (Germany / Ireland / etc.) for rentals within Canada and with a Canadian drivers licence. No problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.