Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled prepaid rental, no fee?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Cancelled prepaid rental, no fee?

I made a prepaid rental picking up from JFK returning to EWR. After booking the rental I found the rate to be wrong. Instead of 3 days 10 hours, it was calculating as 4 days 14 hours which meant of course I was charged for an extra day. I tried to redo the rate and after going through the steps it says I will be credited the difference after returning the car. The way to fix is to rebook the reservation, except there is a $25 cancellation charge which basically negates any of the prepaid benefits (price difference was only $23). However because the refreshed rate is $130 less, I figured I'd just give up the $25 charge.

So after making my new booking, my old prepaid booking no longer shows a cancellation charge. I figured it was just not showing, but in cancelled my prepaid reservation in no page or confirmation is the cancellation charged mentioned.

I did call the Chairman's Desk, but they said they have no idea what's wrong, but they would note my reservation to honor the lower rate.

I've never had this issued before, so will I be charged the $25? Because if I'm a no-show (assuming the system didn't cancel anything), I'll charged $100.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.