Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25% off offer fake?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

25% off offer fake?

Got my typical "rent this weekend at 25% off" offer with code. Used the link and got an estimate. Then I go back to Avis with no code and the price is exactly the same.

Is this typical?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Got my typical "rent this weekend at 25% off" offer with code. Used the link and got an estimate. Then I go back to Avis with no code and the price is exactly the same.

Is this typical?
Does the offer have fine print, like "only valid at certain locations"? It could be used it someplace (or in some way) that's not valid. Is it an AWD or a coupon? If it's a coupon, you should see "coupon accepted". If it's an AWD, did the AWD you entered still display on your estimate? (If the AWD is invalid, they'll typically switch your estimate to some rate that is valid.)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Does the offer have fine print, like "only valid at certain locations"? It could be used it someplace (or in some way) that's not valid. Is it an AWD or a coupon? If it's a coupon, you should see "coupon accepted". If it's an AWD, did the AWD you entered still display on your estimate? (If the AWD is invalid, they'll typically switch your estimate to some rate that is valid.)
It's AWD and AWD still display on the estimate. The only fine print is weekend rental which I did just that.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
It's AWD and AWD still display on the estimate. The only fine print is weekend rental which I did just that.
Does it really say exactly "at 25% oiff"? Most AWDs I see say "up to 25% off", and that means they may not give discounts everywhere (and/or of the same percentage everywhere).
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Does it really say exactly "at 25% oiff"? Most AWDs I see say "up to 25% off", and that means they may not give discounts everywhere (and/or of the same percentage everywhere).
You are right, it says up to, not at, good catch. THanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.