Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

What are the chances - exact same car assigned at ORD 2 weeks apart?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the chances - exact same car assigned at ORD 2 weeks apart?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2014, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Smile What are the chances - exact same car assigned at ORD 2 weeks apart?

Maybe I should go buy the lottery. I returned a car at ORD 2 weeks ago and just got assigned exactly the same car! The stations I programmed are still there. Looks like the car got driven a few hundred miles the last 2 weeks.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
I think the chances are very low, especially at a big station like ORD.

I rent from BOS frequently and have never gotten the same car twice in 8+ years. I've gotten the same make/model/color a few times but never the exact car.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I've gotten the same car couple times mainly because I like to rental signature (BMW) in a row. Even my seat settings were still stored in the memory, but it was driven a few hundred miles in between.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
That's crazy in ORD, the lot is huge - it once happened to me in ATL, I went through my e-mails to find the receipt from the past rental from two weeks prior, and it was the same car just with 1000 more miles on it.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by username
Maybe I should go buy the lottery. I returned a car at ORD 2 weeks ago and just got assigned exactly the same car! The stations I programmed are still there. Looks like the car got driven a few hundred miles the last 2 weeks.
Yes go buy the lottery like now before your luck runs out haha

Slim but possible?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
I've never had it happen, but I've come close:

My parents rented a car when they came to visit me a few years ago, and about 3 weeks later I saw the exact same car on the freeway (the licence plate number was a very easy one to remember, something like CCC444 or something like that).
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Lost
I've never had it happen, but I've come close:

My parents rented a car when they came to visit me a few years ago, and about 3 weeks later I saw the exact same car on the freeway (the licence plate number was a very easy one to remember, something like CCC444 or something like that).
I had something similar. Rented a Chrysler 300 at YYZ for the week. Went back the next week, got a different car. Was having dinner at my hotel, looked outside, someone else had gotten the exact same car and was at my hotel as well.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
At SRQ, albeit a small airport, I had the same while Suburban at least four or five times until I took it one-way dropping it elsewhere and have not had that high-mileage beast back. At ATL I had the same Navigator three times in three months - I remembered that one because there was a mark on the dash that was fairly unique. At LAS I was there back to back weeks with a weekend home in between, was given the same red Z3 for both rentals.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
rented a car from YYC for a week, and the next week my co-worker got the exactly same car...
Old Oct 23, 2014, 1:17 pm
Original Member

I got a low mileage beauty from Dollar two rentals in a row (3 months apart) -- the thing had something like 41,000 miles on it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.