Wiki Posts
Search

Strange rate rules

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Strange rate rules

I used the Priceline AWD since I prefer to book with Avis directly over priceline to earn AA miles (rates were exactly the same). It's a Saturday morning to Monday evening rental. The rate rules however say this:

Rate Rules:
Friday Night Stay is Required
Return rental by Monday
Checkout before 3PM Sunday

There is no Friday stay obviously. Perhaps I should have just booked through Priceline?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:17 am
Original Poster

No one knows?

I'm seeing this across multiple (valid) AWD's (AA's AWD, Costco) and coupons (AA coupons, Avis's $15 off weekend coupons)....and NONE of them require a Friday Night stay, and yet at the very end of the booking process it says:

Rate Rules:
Return rental by Monday

I'm about to just say screw Avis and go with Budget (through Priceline). None of these weird rate rules pop up with them.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airb330
I used the Priceline AWD since I prefer to book with Avis directly over priceline to earn AA miles (rates were exactly the same). It's a Saturday morning to Monday evening rental. The rate rules however say this:

Rate Rules:
Return rental by Monday

There is no Friday stay obviously. Perhaps I should have just booked through Priceline?
Don't worry about it. I just completed a Saturday midday to Monday morning rental which had exactly that same langauge, and it worked fine. (I was billed what the avis.com confirmation said I would be billed, which btw was a very low price.)

It's just typical avis.com gooblygook.

Btw, on my rental I used the AA AWD, so it's nothing specific to your Priceline AWD.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Good to know, the AA AWD is about $20-30 (depending on what coupon is used 1,500 or 3,000 miles). Priceline AWD and AA coupon seems to maximize benefits at the lowest price. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.