Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OW $19.99 for four hours plus fuel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
OW $19.99 for four hours plus fuel

PVD and BOS included.

Last edited by jan_believes; Aug 18, 2014 at 9:24 pm
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:29 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

This is a smart way for Avis to get cars downtown for weekend renters and back to airport for the weekly business renters. Beats paying someone to shuttle the cars around.

However, this has very limited scope IMO. If you're flying to a city for a short weekend getaway, this might be better than a taxi/shuttle/etc if there's an Avis location near where you're going. However, most places have high airport rental fees that would kill this "deal". Examples with fees at the first four cities they list this is available:
ATL: >$32
BOS: >$42
ORD: >$40
LAX: >$37

Seems like a taxi/train would be MUCH less expensive.. and have many more locations to get off instead of limited Avis locations downtown.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: Dust...
To continue:

From PDX: >$34
To PDX: >$24

Something to consider when taxi rates between PDX and downtown are never less than $30 and ride sharing is not permitted.

From SEA: >$34
To SEA: >$24

While checking from SEA rates I noticed ICAR rates were only $9.99 (FCAR were $19.99), but still $10+ in fees.

Tried to see if I could sneak in a Portland to SEA or Seattle to PDX but of course it denied me.

Rentals do include Free Loss Damage Waiver.

Last edited by symbols; Aug 18, 2014 at 11:44 am Reason: Free LDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.