Wiki Posts
Search

new one way hire from PHL to YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold LH Silver PriorityClub Platinum
new one way hire from PHL to YYZ

I am looking to do a pick up in Philadelphia and return in Toronto but struggling to make a booking.

Has anyone had a success in making a booking like this ?

At the moment it seems I will have to drop the car at a station near the canadian border and then cross into canada and pick up a second car

any advice much appreciated
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:10 am

You mean YYZ? When are you trying to make the reservation?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Dates

Arrive Philadelphia 27 July. Depart Toronto 18 August

Thanks in advance for help
Old Jul 3, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
I just created a dummy booking on Avis.com and had no issues getting rates for a 22 day rental PHL-YYZ while logged in as myself (a US-based Avis customer), but the second I changed the country of citizenship to the UK, I got an error message. I think their system has an issue with non-NA drivers and transborder rentals OW rentals.

Question: Are you traveling with a lot of stuff? I know Amtrak runs service up to Toronto, and I have to imagine it would be cheaper than a OW rental based out of PHL. You might be better off taking Amtrak up to Toronto and then picking up a car at Union Station (or nearby at YTZ).
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Travel

Doing bit of a road trip visiting family and seeing the country. Start in Philadelphia New York, family in CT Boston then turn left to go to Chicago then up around lakes to Toronto and niagara.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
US to Canada one ways are available depending on the station. Stations closer to the border are more likely since they are likely to have regular cross-border rentals. I've had no problem renting Avis at BTV (Burlington, VT) and dropping in Montreal (YUL) and paying normal domestic rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.