Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Iceland, Any Comments?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2014, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Avis Iceland, Any Comments?

Looking to rent later this yr at Reykjavik, any comments on their service & fleet?
Old May 22, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Never rented in Iceland, but I find their car guides online to be pretty up to date:
https://www.avis.com/car-rental/cont...S00&country=IS

If you have questions, I would suggest calling their station there. That's what I usually do.
Old May 23, 2014, 4:27 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Rented from them a few years ago, service is good. Fleet is ok, depends what you rent.
However be very very careful as Iceland has been one of the only place where you have to make sure you check and report every scratch even the smallest one as they are very very strict about it.

Driving around Iceland is easy.

Enjoy!

Cheers!
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:18 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
I rented from Avis Iceland a few years ago. Service was good and the fleet was also quite new. Most of the cars were running with petrol, only SUV-s were diesel. In Iceland some roads require AWD cars, so you have to check first where you want to drive and then look for a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.