Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis LAX Convertible

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
Avis LAX Convertible

Hi all,

I'm looking at renting a car at LAX for 10 days in late August.

Avis has a convertible available that shows as 'Mustang or similar'. What are the possibilities and likelihood of receiving them?

I'd really like to drive the new generation Camaro - any chance of that? Whilst the Camaro SS can be booked, it's almost three times the price of the convertible, so not worth it.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by AdMEL
Hi all,

I'm looking at renting a car at LAX for 10 days in late August.

Avis has a convertible available that shows as 'Mustang or similar'. What are the possibilities and likelihood of receiving them?

I'd really like to drive the new generation Camaro - any chance of that? Whilst the Camaro SS can be booked, it's almost three times the price of the convertible, so not worth it.

Thanks in advance.
The new Camaros are starting to trickle in. You'll likely get a Mustang and have to try to talk your way into a Camaro.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:12 am

I received a mustang a few months ago.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:40 am

if you are lucky you will get a VW Beetle 😁
Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
During my last 4 times through LAX the last couple months, majority of convertibles are Mustang ecoboost turbo 4 cylinder or V6 Mustang convertables with the cloth base interior.

There was a sprinkling of Camaro SS convertibles, both 2015 and new 2016 body styles and also some premium trim Mustang GT convertibles. Those V8 convertibles are usually classified as a "cool car" category and would require an upgrade or accommodating agent to assign one to you though.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:03 am

Is there an age restriction on the V8s?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by sammow
Is there an age restriction on the V8s?
For the ones classified as Cool Car you have to be 25. However, I'm under 25 as well and as long as the res is booked for a class within the age restriction youre fine, if the agent upgrades you. But it will flag it and they will give you issues if you book one of the higher classes, which has the age restriction.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by mmoser2
For the ones classified as Cool Car you have to be 25. However, I'm under 25 as well and as long as the res is booked for a class within the age restriction youre fine, if the agent upgrades you. But it will flag it and they will give you issues if you book one of the higher classes, which has the age restriction.
Wouldn't that be a problem though if you were involved in an accident ?

Also what is the trim level of the eco boosts at LAX? Are they all base?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.