Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Gift Cards from SPG Amex Points?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Avis Gift Cards from SPG Amex Points?

Hello, I am traveling to Europe next month for the first time and I'm a newbie traveler so forgive some of my dumb questions!

I am new to the credit card point game, and I saw that on the SPG rewards, you can redeem points for Avis gift cards.

I redeemed $150 worth of cards only to find out that it takes 6 weeks for them to physically arrive in my mailbox! I'll be in Europe by then!

We wanted to rent a car in southern Germany to see the castles and also need a car in Ireland to see some castles as well. We spent a lot of time racking up credit card points with the signup bonus on SPG Amex, and I'm disappointed in myself for not reading researching it thoroughly.

Any advice on how to handle this?
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Nevermind to the above question!! My boyfriend called SPG Amex and they were able to cancel it and reimburse the points.

My next question is: We have about 30,000 SPG points that we want to use towards a car rental in Germany and in Ireland. What's the best way to turn these points into usable reward points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.