Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Heathrow - shuttle bus between terminals?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Avis Heathrow - shuttle bus between terminals?

Hi all...

Does anyone know if Avis offer a shuttle service between Heathrow T5 and the other terminals? I have a booking that I need to drop off at T5, but then need to get to T3 for the outgoing flight...

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bouncycow
Does anyone know if Avis offer a shuttle service between Heathrow T5 and the other terminals?
Are there separate Avis facilities for different Heathrow terminals? I though it was only one centralized one. (But I only used it once, a handful of years ago, so I don't remember specifics of how I got back to the terminal anymore, sorry.)

In any case, in case you wind up in the airport at the wrong terminal, there are ways to get for free to any other terminal:
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are there separate Avis facilities for different Heathrow terminals? I though it was only one centralized one. (But I only used it once, a handful of years ago, so I don't remember specifics of how I got back to the terminal anymore, sorry.)

In any case, in case you wind up in the airport at the wrong terminal, there are ways to get for free to any other terminal:
That's very helpful, thanks: I'd completely forgotten that there were other methods of getting between terminals, and since I'm dropping off at T5 it's just a short walk to the station.
Thanks again!
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:11 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I think both LHR Avis locations work interchangeably on reservations: Last year, I rented a car from their T5 Avis station (upstairs in the garage) with a dropoff at the same T5 station on my rental agreement, but then found out that my departing BA flight changed terminals from T5 to T3. I just dropped it off at the main station and told the guy my flight swapped terminals and he says that happens all the time, shrugged it off, gave me my receipt (no additional charges), and made sure I got on the right Avis shuttle bus going to T3.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Yes definitely give them a call and ask if you can drop at the main Heathrow Avis, then you can get the shuttle to T3. The T5 Avis is just a 'satellite' station and the cars often go straight back to the main centre.

Having said that, it's probably just as quick, or quicker, to get the lift downstairs in T5 and get the train to T3
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I thought it best to hop on this old thread.

Can I take the Avis shuttle from T2 to the main station without an actual reservation?
My partner is arriving earlier, at another terminal, and I'd like to meet him there (so we can just hop in the car and go). The reservation is in his name.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yes you can simply get on the shuttle bus at T2/T3 and the driver will take you. No need whatsoever to explain what you’re doing, just get in.
chavala likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:45 pm

Chavala. Yes, your plan is fine. Though I would double check that your driver is picking the car up from the main depot and not at T5
chavala likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rcspeirs
Chavala. Yes, your plan is fine. Though I would double check that your driver is picking the car up from the main depot and not at T5
Thanks (and also for your help on TA!). I thought he was on BA, but it's actually AA T3. Makes it much easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.