Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Mileage Changes Effective Oct. 15 2014 [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pandaperth
The New Lifemiles Star Alliance Award Chart effective for booking made on or after 15 October 2014

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/inc/starredawardsrow.aspx

The Previous Lifemiles Star Alliance Award Chart effective for bookings made before 15 October 2014 (travel could be after 15 October 2014)
NOTE: THE BELOW LINK NOW GOES TO THE NEW AWARD CHART (so it seems the old chart has been removed from the lifemiles.com web site)

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/inc/starredawards.aspx

Changes

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Here is a table of the changes coming in on October 15
Red means this many more miles will be needed
Green means this many fewer miles will be need
It's mostly red, of course

Sources:
Current Chart: https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/inc/starredawards.aspx
New chart from October 15: https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pro/proredenrow.aspx
(and click on the word "here" or "aqui" depending on your chosen language)
Print Wikipost

Mileage Changes Effective Oct. 15 2014 [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:40 am

Here are some more changes ... https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/tra/pro/proredensam.aspx

It is just quite annoying that they didn't create a new award chart
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:37 am

sure!

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Don't know how you got the redemption values for bookings made after 15 Oct but do you have an example perhaps?
i.e.: we usually have round trips in av metal from gru to mia from 30000 and after 15 oct the mininum will be 45000 (in economy class)
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:52 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ulus
....Changes in Avianca and Star Alliance ticket redemption.... So not only AV
No the section I quoted related only to AV flights. Star Alliance has not had its changes published yet for C2-C1

Read the second part of imverge's quote. *A value could go up or down but doesn't mention any zones.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:32 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by ulus
If I understand correctly, both north and south America will be in one basket.

United States, Canada and Mexico
South America
Not really, I don't think you do understand it correctly. Admittedly the AV announcement is quite a puzzle but it's not that hard to follow.

The only conclusion you can draw is that flights TO USA, Canada, Mexico and south of South America FROM Europe will cost the same when flying on AV metal. That is not to say they are in the same "basket" nor that flights on UA or LH from C2 to C1 are going to cost the same as C2-C1 on AV metal.

Practically it applies to AV routes like BCN BOG SCL, MAD BOG EZE, LHR BOG SAL IAD, BCN BOG MEX, MAD MDE MIA. Those terminating in south of South America are now 10K cheaper. LHR BOG SAL IAD is a route that only a crazy person would fly.

It does not even include the whole of South America as you allude. MAD BOG CCS, MAD BOG UIO, MAD CLO CTG, MAD BOG LIM would all be at the reduced rate of 75K
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Mileage Changes Effective Oct. 15 2014 - Award prices with the Americas

I just received an email announcement from Lifemiles that they are changing redemption requirements. It isn't crystal clear that these will be the most deeply discounted award fares, but that's certainly what the limited language would indicate.

Judge for yourself here. I'm relieved, as my primary route between Costa Rica and Colombia appears to be unaffected.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I cannot figure out how to read and interpret their message as it pertains to Star Alliance. Does it mean that the price will only be able to be interpreted by their booking engine?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I just got the email as well. I just wish they would write a new award chart and spell out the changes.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Mileage Changes Effective Oct. 15 2014 - Award prices within the Americas

Originally Posted by beofotch
I cannot figure out how to read and interpret their message as it pertains to Star Alliance. Does it mean that the price will only be able to be interpreted by their booking engine?
Either that or they will reveal the award requirements from partners on Oct. 15th. That's just a guess, but I can't imagine that they would have a secret redemption chart for partners forever.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
Either that or they will reveal the award requirements from partners on Oct. 15th. That's just a guess, but I can't imagine that they would have a secret redemption chart for partners forever.
The lack of a new award chart for now is quite concerning.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: all
at least they gave a notice this time in advance
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pantanal
at least they gave a notice this time in advance
That's about the only decent thing about the message.... for the rest it's practically useless since it's almost impossible to figure out what the changes are going to be.
This is what I'm actually seeing (*A awards - returns):

North America - increases up to 13.000 miles in Economy Class and up to 26.000 miles in Business Class.
Europe - reductions up to 15.000 miles and increases up to 11.000 miles in Economy Class; also reductions up to 25.000 miles and increases up to 50.000 miles in Business Class.

So it can be as bad as a 50% increase in miles. Plus the 10% increase in the cost of buying miles and the program will be useless for most.

Nothing about F awards, so maybe those will be gone completely looking at what seems to be happening with LH F availability.

Last edited by RTW1; Jul 18, 2014 at 6:55 am
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:52 am

I wonder if for Star Alliance flights they will somehow include YQ through increased miles (so redeeming on a high YQ carrier like LH would result in more miles needed than a low YQ carrier like UA on the same route), and therefore there won't be set tables but it will be based a set amount of miles per region plus some variable amount of miles for YQ.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:03 am

As for changes in air ticket redemption with Star Alliance member airlines, these include increases up to 13.000 miles in Economy Class and up to 26.000 miles in Business Class. Both cases apply for roundtrip flights from North America...to WHERE @@?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I see SFO or LAX to Europe being 80k each way on Business Class.

That's more than what UA charges and it represents what, 60% higher than the previous price of 100k round trip?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by wco81
I see SFO or LAX to Europe being 80k each way on Business Class.

That's more than what UA charges and it represents what, 60% higher than the previous price of 100k round trip?
Care to share where do you see this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.