Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa A380 Business (I) locked for Lifemiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I have been searching on the Lifemiles site for a while now and I can not get availability ever for the LF Business Class FRA-JNB. Anyone know if LF blocks these and releases them X days prior to the flight? I am pretty shure its not an availability problem.

Also, Im always seeing availability for that flight in Economy.

Thanks
Old May 17, 2013, 10:09 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Have you crossed checked the availability with the ANA tool? I remember FRA-JNB I award space being awfully scarce.
Old May 17, 2013, 11:13 pm

Probably not blocked. LX J ZRH-JNB is also scarce.
Old May 18, 2013, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Hi thanks for your responses!! I haven't checked with the ANA tool because I have 0 miles with them and they wont let me do it. Anyone up to doing me a favor? Its FRA-JNB on the 12th december.

Thanks
Old May 18, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by juajar
Hi thanks for your responses!! I haven't checked with the ANA tool because I have 0 miles with them and they wont let me do it. Anyone up to doing me a favor? Its FRA-JNB on the 12th december.

Thanks
You can still use the tool without miles.
Old May 18, 2013, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, Lifemiles 1.5M, UAL, Marriott Plat.
Hello. I have a tip but using it will cost you $80 per tckt (unless you have Diamond level). Although for just $25 the Lifemiles reservation tool only allows either O/W, multileg with no Open-Jaw, there is the assisted version in which you call the Lifemiles Desk in El Salvador ONLY and ask them set a "manual" reservation with connecting legs step-by-step. Some routes from/to are called "married-segments" while one flight is available the following is not and provides 0/zero inventory. In the manual case I've redeemed quite a few C-Class (I inventory) awards on LH from Lifemiles, including 4 C Class out of IAD to FRA in the new 747-8 during last X'mas.

Last edited by ENEAS2; May 18, 2013 at 1:20 pm Reason: Mispelled
Old May 18, 2013, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by ENEAS2
. Some routes from/to are called "married-segments" while one flight is available the following is not and provides 0/zero inventory. In the manual case I've redeemed quite a few C-Class (I inventory) awards on LH from Lifemiles, including 4 C Class out of IAD to FRA in the new 747-8 during last X'mas.
Very useful information Eneas2. Does this mean you can check ANA by segemnt and piece together an award?
Old May 18, 2013, 3:55 pm

Hello. Yes it can be done but cost us $80 as we will need assisted reservations. This "manual" reservation override must be done by Lifemiles reps. This is the catch: It seems Lifemiles Desk in El Salvador has this override capacity while the Colombia and USA do not have such feature. Bear in mind that TACA (the Central American Carrier that was bought-up by Avianca) had a much better technologically superior tool than its now parent AVIANCA. (TACA mileage programme was called DISTANCIA).
So basically it seems that El Salvador has this edge to do the MANUAL reservation but not Colombia or USA. So if you call the US reservation office try to choose the Spanish agent-> then they route the call to El Salvador-> and as soon as they answer just speak English as they are Bilingual there. Hope it helps. (just completed one reservation 4 pax SJO-PTY-BOG-MAD-FRA-LHR in C Class for 55K miles each)
Old May 18, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by arcticbull
You can still use the tool without miles.
I don't think you can. But it is easy to transfer/credit a mile or two to ANA
Old May 18, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Hello. I have a tip but using it will cost you $80 per tckt (unless you have Diamond level). Although for just $25 the Lifemiles reservation tool .........
So actually only $50 more for manual booking, and if you can do what you are suggesting, worth it!
Old May 18, 2013, 4:43 pm

Here it is, a copy of Manual Reservation in C Class (I inventory):

ISSUING AIRLINE : LACSA
TICKET NUMBER : ETKT 133 xxxx
BOOKING REF : AMADEUS: xxxx, AIRLINE: LH/xxx

FROM /TO FLIGHT CL DATE DEP FARE BASIS NVB NVA BAG ST

SAN JOSE LR 696 I xx 1035 IAWARD/IAWARD 30JUL 1PC OK
TERMINAL:M
BOGOTA ARRIVAL TIME: 1355
TERMINAL:1

BOGOTA AV 10 I xx 2135 IAWARD/IAWARD 30JUL 1PC OK
MADRID BARAJAS ARRIVAL TIME: 1415
TERMINAL:4S

MADRID BARAJAS LH 1801 I xx 1210 IAWARD/IAWARD 30JUL 1PC OK
TERMINAL:2
MUNICH ARRIVAL TIME: 1445

MUNICH LH 2478 I xx 1525 IAWARD/IAWARD 30JUL 1PC OK
LONDON LHR ARRIVAL TIME: 1630
Old May 18, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Hello. Yes it can be done but cost us $80 as we will need assisted reservations. This "manual" reservation override must be done by Lifemiles reps. This is the catch: It seems Lifemiles Desk in El Salvador has this override capacity while the Colombia and USA do not have such feature. Bear in mind that TACA (the Central American Carrier that was bought-up by Avianca) had a much better technologically superior tool than its now parent AVIANCA. (TACA mileage programme was called DISTANCIA).
So basically it seems that El Salvador has this edge to do the MANUAL reservation but not Colombia or USA. So if you call the US reservation office try to choose the Spanish agent-> then they route the call to El Salvador-> and as soon as they answer just speak English as they are Bilingual there. Hope it helps. (just completed one reservation 4 pax SJO-PTY-BOG-MAD-FRA-LHR in C Class for 55K miles each)
Interesting info, thanks.
Do you know if one can book a mixed class (O/I or F/C) itinerary by calling El Salvador?
Old May 18, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by SFO777
Interesting info, thanks.
Do you know if one can book a mixed class (O/I or F/C) itinerary by calling El Salvador?
Absolutely not, I'm afraid. Even if you get an agent who understands why you need to mix classes the system simply won't price the itinerary
Old May 18, 2013, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Only 55000 in C from SJO to LHR??
Old May 18, 2013, 9:03 pm

Hello. Exactly 55K LM from SJO to LHR (for this July even though it is High Season) And last X'mas did 55K from SJO to FCO in C Class. Be aware that no connection should take more than 24hrs. as System will yield error. The only thing is that the fortune of patience is required when dealing with new LM agents. Another option that has worked is going to the Tckt Office (CTO) of TACA (not Avianca!!!) and they can do it if they please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.