Wiki Posts
Search

Are AviaTaca financially sound?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Are AviaTaca financially sound?

I'm about to buy 100,000 miles for 1,500 dollars. As I may not be able to spend all of those miles straight away I'd like to know whether or not Avianca/Taca are financially sound. I've seen too many airlines disappear along with their FFP (Malev, Spanair etc.).
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Searching before asking as always a good idea. Currently they have decent credit rating and higher profit margin than Lufthansa so in short-term future I would worry much more about major European airlines...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And you only need 40% of an award as miles in your account, you can buy the rest at an even cheaper rate than the current promotion. So 55k in your account will get you at least one long haul award.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
With a decent credit rating and reasonable profit margins for the industry, I expect that I won't see my LifeMiles miles becoming unexpectedly worthless anytime soon. I currently have a few hundred thousand LifeMiles miles in accounts which I use. I have purchased most all of those miles and even very recently was comfortable doing just the kind of transaction being considered by the OP at the price mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.