Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank Lifemiles Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:20 pm

plan to cancel the card, credit limit is about 1/3 of all my other cards, bonus spending is capped at 2000 miles for 3 miles
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just got the 6k miles for renewal credited to LM:

Code:
TACA RENEWAL BONUS MILES-COMPLEMENT
	0 	2,000 	
US BANK RENEWAL BONUS MILES
	0 	4,000
Interesting to see the miles come from two sources...
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:44 am

Does anybody have 40,000 screenshot

I just got Lifemiles visa card with standard offer of 20,000 miles. I contacted US bank asking they can match 40,000 miles offer. They are asking any prints of 40,000 miles offer. I am just wondering anybody has screenshot or pic of 40,000 miles so I can try to match the offer? thx
Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Does anyone know if US bank has softened their stance towards churners? I used to be rejected easily by them but a few months ago, I tried it and got the card.
By freezing your IDA/ARS as mentioned here: http://hackmytrip.com/2013/06/freeze...-club-carlson/ I had no problem getting the LM Visa after being denied 3 times in the past for too many pulls.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:59 pm
Used to be highman123

I did not do any freezing and after being denied 2x times I got the card today! Funny thing is I signed up for a US Bank Club Carlson just 4 weeks ago and was approved there as well.

Seems they are changing the way they make approvals!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
By freezing your IDA/ARS as mentioned here: http://hackmytrip.com/2013/06/freeze...-club-carlson/ I had no problem getting the LM Visa after being denied 3 times in the past for too many pulls.
Great advice,but keep in mind that they will pull from a diff bureau, not sure which one
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:55 am

Oh, and it'll probably be frozen until you unfreeze.
Just keep that in mind
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by zipo
Great advice,but keep in mind that they will pull from a diff bureau, not sure which one
No they don't. US Bank pulls from whoever and IDA/ARS. They are basically the only ones pulling from IDA/ARS which is why you can freeze it without affecting your other applications. In fact it only seems to help the approval process with US Bank.

Originally Posted by zipo
Oh, and it'll probably be frozen until you unfreeze.
Just keep that in mind
That is the point...
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:42 pm

Applied to the 40k offer today and received immediate approval. Only have one other hard pull in the past 6 months and no other US Bank cards. Looking forward to booking some interesting LM awards in the near future.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
One issue I have with my US Bank LM Card. Having a balance on a card brings one's credit score down. I, therefore, pay off my CCs every month. It saves on interest, plus keeps my score high.

US Bank reports balances to the bureaus at random times. I had figured out a pattern, and was successfully paying it off in time to get a zero balance reported, then this month they reported 10 days earlier than ever before. It only lowered my score 1 point, but it still irritates me.

Why doesn't US Bank report like every other CC bank in the USA and use the statement balance as the balance reported to the bureaus?
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:38 pm

I had a LifeMiles card but closed it last year. It's not been 12 months yet -- however, the 40K offer expires April 30.

How strictly do they enforce "Previous accounts closed within the last 12 months will be reopened and no First Use Bonus Miles will be awarded."?? Anyone know?

Although I did get the "targeted" e-mail after a few months of closing the previous card, I don't think that's necessarily an indication that they will not enforce the 12-mo rule.

Obviously I'd like to apply by April 30 if possible and not wait until the 12 months are up.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:57 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
So I applied for this card when they had the 40K miles offer, now what to do with the miles

Last edited by frank_10b; Sep 18, 2014 at 1:18 am
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
2,500 miles retention for LifeMiles Secured Visa

I got the LifeMiles Secured Visa with a $300 credit line last year when I just moved to the US. The signup bonus was 10K miles after first purchase (now 5K). $25 annual fee just hit, so I called customer service. They couldn't waive the annual fee or give me a statement credit, but did offer me 2,500 miles, which I gladly took. 2.5K miles for $25 is actually better CPM than the Visa Signature's anniversary bonus of 6K miles for the $75 annual fee .
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:49 pm

No retention offer

I called when the annual fee hit on my card. I had the version with the $75 annual fee but 6k Lifemiles on renewal. The agent didn't even try and explain the benefits of the card. I was cancelled within three minutes and off the phone within five minutes.
Old May 5, 2016, 6:20 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
anyone have a working application for this card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.