Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Please do your homework before buying Lifemiles. It is what it is... for some that's useful, for others it's not.

Biggest complaints are about
- mixed class bookings are available but now many of the suitable connections dont show
- not being able to book anything that isn't available online (there are work-arounds, see screenshot method below)
- the quality of the call center (English speaking agents are scarce, you might get thrown in a loop with call transfers within their call center)
- no stopovers (>24H) or open jaws, but you can book one way awards
- no reservations on Certain subsidiaries of Star Alliance carriers (Lufthansa Cityline, Germanwings)

Problems with ticketing / lack of confirmation screen or email
- write down the confirmation number shown on the screen after confirming your purchase.
check here: http://serviciosenlinea.avianca.com/...doReserva.aspx

Sometimes, even if you cannot see the PNR, the record may have been created, so better to call them and give them flight details you were trying to book. They can find the PNR from those details.
- ticketing usually takes place within 10-15 min of booking
- but it may also take up to 2 days
- if miles have been deducted from your account and a temporary authorization has been placed on your CC, you're probably fine even if you did not see a confirmation screen
- if no e-ticket number is visible on checkmytrip.com after two days, you should contact LifeMiles. You can expedite the ticketing by emailing with your booking reference to: [email protected] after you have booked, especially if you have booked last minute flights, and need ticketing straight away

Screenshot method.
So, on a date you are looking for in the future, there is availability for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK. But not LAX-NRT-BKK.
It may be a case of the LM system not offering the through connection.

Take three screen shots - two 'available' screen shots for LAX-NRT and NRT-BKK and the 'not available' screen for LAX-BKK.
Send them all off with a scan of your passport page (PDF) and LM will make the booking manually for you.

Send to these two email addresses, and CC yourself (just for your records)
[email protected]
[email protected]

Sample email:
====
Email topic: Urgent request for booking Lifemiles Award
====
Dear Sirs,

I have tried several times, over several days, but the following itinerary does not show on the website.
Please see the three attached screenshots I took just now.
Please do the manual booking First Class/Business class for xx,000 miles. (*Know how many miles the whole award should cost-here, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

The availability is only 1 seat for this date, so please process this request urgently before it is gone.

Los Angeles (LAX) - Bangkok (BKK)
Saturday August 11th 2018
NH 175 connecting to NH 807
(*Provide the specific flight numbers you want, to avoid surprises once ticketed)

My passport copy (Number xxxx, expiry 20xx/xx/xx, Nationality xxx) is attached in this email.

LifeMiles Number: xxx
First Name: xxx
Last name: xxx
Date of Birth: Month, date, year
Email: xxxx
Phone Number: +1-xxxx

Regards,
XXX
=========
Print Wikipost

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 1:55 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
I would say you're pretty much out of luck. It's probably an itinerary you need US dividend miles for.
Hopefully when US leaves *A, we will still continue to see awards from PER-SIN-NRT-FRA-SFO and back for 110k miles but on OW carriers

Perhaps we will see PER-SYD-HKG-KUL-LHR-LAX and back for 110k in Bz!
Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by APweb
If you manage to book a reward ticket on Air China, it would be a good idea to call them and confirm your reservation.

There seems to be a disconnect during ticketing between TA and CA or it just could a time of booking issue?

I made a booking yesterday and when contacting Air China, they said my passport information and ticket number is missing from the reservation. This has also happened to my girlfriend a couple of months ago but it was never an issue in the past.

I have contacted LM.com support but I think it might have to do with time of issuing. When I booked for my girlfriend, there was only a difference of one date between the date the ticket was issued and the flight date. For yesterday's booking, it was about 12hrs later but still it would be a good idea to call and confirm.
Yep that is correct Air China works with a different system: You need to call with their ticket number or their PNR otherwise your booking will not confirm in their systems.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Apr 14, 2013 at 5:24 pm
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Well that would be two awards on their site as it would be YYZ-FRA, FRA-SIN. Engine will not allow stopovers and will not allow long layovers (even less than overnights) either.
So even if you call and make a booking that involves a stopover it will not work? The mileage from YYZ-SIN in J is 125000.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 4:24 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So even if you call and make a booking that involves a stopover it will not work? The mileage from YYZ-SIN in J is 125000.
There are no stopovers. If you want a stopover your itinerary will price as a multicity where each segment is costed individually.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Yep that is correct Air China works with a different system: You need to call with their ticket number or their PNR otherwise your booking will not confirm in their systems.
Is this new? Booked in Jan of this year and did not have to call in.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by APweb
Is this new? Booked in Jan of this year and did not have to call in.
I am not sure it is new, but I had the same issue when I booked award travel using USAir miles on Air China. I gave them our names and were told there is no reservations for us. Then I gave the tkt number and they were able to retrieve our booking.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Hi all, I have successfully booked LM flights previously both online and over the phone but I am having some trouble at the moment. Using different tools there is lots of availability for MEL-CDG using 2 stops, such as MEL-BKK-MUC-CDG. Is there anyway to force the LM engine to show these flights? Occasionally it does show the 2 stoppers but usually it won't. The MEL-BKK-MUC can be searched and brought up, but if I search MEL-CDG it will say 'sold out' and won't tack on the short connector which is nearly always available!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by travelislife
Hi all, I have successfully booked LM flights previously both online and over the phone but I am having some trouble at the moment. Using different tools there is lots of availability for MEL-CDG using 2 stops, such as MEL-BKK-MUC-CDG. Is there anyway to force the LM engine to show these flights? Occasionally it does show the 2 stoppers but usually it won't. The MEL-BKK-MUC can be searched and brought up, but if I search MEL-CDG it will say 'sold out' and won't tack on the short connector which is nearly always available!

Do you have mixed class flights?
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:57 pm

Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware

No definitely not mixed class. Business the whole way. I can get CDG-MUC-BKK to show and BKK-MEL to show but it only occasionally show CDG-MUC-BKK-MEL. Very annoying.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:15 pm

No definitely not mixed class. Business the whole way. I can get CDG-MUC-BKK to show and BKK-MEL to show but it only occasionally show CDG-MUC-BKK-MEL. Very annoying.
Hmmm, I don't really think there's an explanation for it. The engine is wonky and you can only book what you see, unfortunately.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:27 pm

No definitely not mixed class. Business the whole way. I can get CDG-MUC-BKK to show and BKK-MEL to show but it only occasionally shows CDG-MUC-BKK-MEL. Very annoying.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:47 am

No definitely not mixed class. Business the whole way. I can get CDG-MUC-BKK to show and BKK-MEL to show but it only occasionally shows CDG-MUC-BKK-MEL. Very annoying.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:14 am

Call to book, let the agent know all the segments are available if you search separately, but it fails when you are trying to put them together. Tell him or her all the flight numbers one by one, and if you are lucky, the agent will be able to generate a reservation for you. I succeeded once.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:50 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
If anyone's going to book via the call centre, my advice is to pick up the phone with a whole lot of patience (and still expect to watch your blood boil).

Last edited by SilverChris; Apr 19, 2013 at 4:40 am
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:50 am

Yeah I succeeded once doing that to! Just such a crap booking process!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.