Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avianca/Taca Lifemiles may be Best Program in Star

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I made a error in my booking . One of the names of the pax how do I fix this , just email them ?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I made a error in my booking . One of the names of the pax how do I fix this , just email them ?
Phone them fast if it isn't ticketed to get it changed. Otherwise if it is ticketed then you cannot change a name... it requires you to cancel and reissue the ticket.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
As far as I know this kind of thing is commonplace with other online booking engines as well...certainly hear of plenty of phantom LH F on UA which fails at the confirmation stage.
It's not phantom space. It happens with ACJ too.
And as mentioned by another OP, CAJ

EDIT: It's also YMMV. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.

Last edited by yerffej201; Sep 20, 2012 at 11:34 am
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
Phone them fast if it isn't ticketed to get it changed. Otherwise if it is ticketed then you cannot change a name... it requires you to cancel and reissue the ticket.
how strict are people with this? for example if a middle name is misspelled..
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by yerffej201
It's not phantom space. It happens with ACJ too.
And as mentioned by another OP, CAJ

EDIT: It's also YMMV. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont.
Of course it's YMMV...I booked CA J with no problems.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mase
Check in staff might let it pass, TSA is another story.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mase
If a middle name is misspelled by a letter or two but the first letter is correct, it is very very rare to have such a problem as to be prevented from flying on the ticket.

It depends on the extent of the discrepancy and the airline reps in the main. Passport control and TSA types have never given me a problem about such things but US airline-retained private security contractors may ask about it. Usually it is no big deal if one or two letters in the middle of a middle name are not an exact match to the passport.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
All I can say is that previously there was great availability on LH/LX/UA F (as well as C) and on my routes when cross-referenced against ANA and .bomb.

However, now all have been pulled, and mainly TATL segments showing as not available/blocked.

That means that LH again has implemented it's US Airways-style blocking for LifeMiles now.

I gather LH simply wants to fly mostly empty (LH) F cabins, as they even took away their own elites possibilities to upgrade with LH miles from Z-class!

How long will LH last against the EK/QR and other Middle-eastern airlines' expansion? Not for very long...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
All I can say is that previously there was great availability on LH/LX/UA F (as well as C) and on my routes when cross-referenced against ANA and .bomb.
However, now all have been pulled, and mainly TATL segments showing as not available/blocked.
That means that LH again has implemented it's US Airways-style blocking for LifeMiles now.
I'm not finding that problem. I just checked DEN-FRA and JFK-FRA/MUC over the next 14 days and LH First is available on the same dates on all three sites... ANA, UA.com and LifeMiles.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:37 am
50e

Just bought 35,000 miles on-line and a total 70,000 miles posted to my account immediately.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:11 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy

I gather LH simply wants to fly mostly empty (LH) F cabins, as they even took away their own elites possibilities to upgrade with LH miles from Z-class!

How long will LH last against the EK/QR and other Middle-eastern airlines' expansion? Not for very long...
I have not seen any availability on ANA that isn't available to Lifemiles We already know that LM was showing M&M LX/LH availability which was obviously a mistake by either LM/M&M and was rightfully rectified. I haven't seen any of the US style blocking of LX/LH and hopefully it isn't the case?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pogonation
We already know that LM was showing M&M LX/LH availability which was obviously a mistake by either LM/M&M and was rightfully rectified.
I would have used the word "unfortunately" or "unfortunately due to a blabber mouth blogger".
Old Sep 22, 2012, 7:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Hi,

Does TACA allows mixed cabin itinerary? I called today and spent close to an hour with an agent who was able to book it in the beginning and even gave me a confirmation number, but then she was having issues - put me on hold for a while and later told me the booking is not possible.

Here was what I was trying to book - I'm willing to pay business class cabin even though half of this is in Economy since my parents prefer shorter connections rather than flying all in business class with long layovers.

CGK - SIN in SQ Y
SIN - NRT in UA Y
NRT - SFO in ANA J

Is mixed class cabin booking not allowed?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by m4rcla
Hi,

Does TACA allows mixed cabin itinerary? I called today and spent close to an hour with an agent who was able to book it in the beginning and even gave me a confirmation number, but then she was having issues - put me on hold for a while and later told me the booking is not possible.

Here was what I was trying to book - I'm willing to pay business class cabin even though half of this is in Economy since my parents prefer shorter connections rather than flying all in business class with long layovers.

CGK - SIN in SQ Y
SIN - NRT in UA Y
NRT - SFO in ANA J

Is mixed class cabin booking not allowed?
Report so far is that this does not look possible.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Report so far is that this does not look possible.
Oh that's too bad. Hmm, I guess I'll have to look at other alternatives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.