Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Business Class lounge in SFO / ICN options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium

Greetings, I will be flying Asiana business class for the first time and will be departing from SFO.

Can experienced fliers please recommended which lounges they use while here, along with the locations of the better lounges in ICN?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
At SFO, OZ contracts the CI Dynasty Lounge (Area A). You might be able to use the SQ, and UA lounges in Area G (needs confirmation, BR Lounge does not operate during OZ's flight times). but AFAIK, there is no sterile pathway between A and G, so you'd need to reclear TSA security...

At ICN, you can enter the Asiana Lounges at the Main Terminal

Last edited by DreamHigh; Jul 28, 2016 at 7:57 am
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
At SFO, OZ contracts the CI Dynasty Lounge (Area A). You might be able to use the SQ, and UA lounges in Area G (needs confirmation, BR Lounge does not operate during OZ's flight times). but AFAIK, there is no sterile pathway between A and G, so you'd need to reclear TSA security...

At ICN, you can enter the Asiana Lounges at the Main Terminal
Thanks DreamHigh, my preference will be to use the best lounge nearest our Asiana flight gate.

I'm hoping it won't be a united lounge as they're not that great.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:33 pm

You will use the China Airlines lounge. It is not great but it will be the only *A lounge in the same terminal open at the time.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vprp
You will use the China Airlines lounge. It is not great but it will be the only *A lounge in the same terminal open at the time.
Thank you, I suppose that will be my only option then
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
OP can't reclear security to use SQ, UA lounge at G

Originally Posted by vprp
CI lounge is only a contract lounge for OZ pax, NOT a *A lounge. Therefore, If you are not flying OZ, as a *G you can't use the CI lounge !
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
OP can't reclear security to use SQ, UA lounge at G
Yes he absolutely can. A pax with a BP can enter any terminal at SFO. No terminal restrictions.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
I used the SQ lounge last time I flew, it was small but had the best food IMO and I was quite happy. Getting there was kind of awkward, but it was possible. This is 3-year old information though, so I'm not sure if anything has changed since.

Scratch that, I just remembered I was flying SQ, so of course I used the SQ lounge. It still was kind of awkward to get to though. That flight always throws my memory off because it's direct.

Last edited by jon503; Aug 1, 2016 at 8:44 am Reason: Mistake
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:39 am

So you definitely can use the SQ lounge on the other side but you'll have to re-clear security. Wouldn't say it's worth going through that to use the SQ lounge if you are flying OZ but I sometimes use the Centurion lounge in the United terminal when flying OZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.