Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

No Asiana miles on United G/S class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, Skymiles Gold, Hyatt Explorist

Back in May 2015, I flew United MKE-SFO on G / S class and added my Asiana Club# on that booking. However, I got only partial miles on that ticket:

MKE-ORD (G): no miles
ORD-SFO (G): 50% (= 925 miles)
SFO-DEN (S): 50% (= 477 miles)
DEN-MKE (S): no miles

I tried to claim the missing miles (DEN-MKE) on Asiana Website. After entering all information including uploading BP and E-Ticket files, I got the following message as pop-up: "This is the ticket for a flight with no miles earned."

I thought G and S class on United should give us 50% miles. Anyone has similar experience of not earning Asiana miles on United?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Different companies

Guessing it is because ORD-MKE is not a UA mainline route. It is operated by SkyWest DBA United Express which is a regional contract carrier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SkyWest_Airlines

UA Mileage Plus members earn FF credit on these flights. It is somewhat surprising (but not shocking) that other *A member airlines might not credit it that way.

SunLover
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:31 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
OZ has had issues traditionally with crediting certain United Express flights but to my knowledge most of the issues have been solved. Try sending a written request to the LA office with a copy of the boarding pass and itinerary. That should solve it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.