Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Does Asiana require a minimum number of flights specifically with them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond

I know for United and some other airlines, you can earn any number of miles but won't get any elite status until you have a boarded a minimum number of flights operated by them (In United's case, 4). Does Asiana have this same requirement? I can't find anything that says so on their website.
Old May 14, 2015, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No. While one of the ways to qualify for elite status is by OZ sectors, there are other ways (*A mileage) that can be achieved with zero OZ flights.
Old May 15, 2015, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Weymar Osborne
I know for United and some other airlines, you can earn any number of miles but won't get any elite status until you have a boarded a minimum number of flights operated by them (In United's case, 4). Does Asiana have this same requirement? I can't find anything that says so on their website.
If you hardly fly on OZ, I don't really see a point going for OZ status even though there is no minimum OZ metal requirement.
Old May 15, 2015, 10:15 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by agjil
If you hardly fly on OZ, I don't really see a point going for OZ status even though there is no minimum OZ metal requirement.
the point is for ppl who want to get to *G relatively easily (40k in 24 months).
Old May 16, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by sol95
the point is for ppl who want to get to *G relatively easily (40k in 24 months).
With the new redemption rate of OZ on UA I am not sure it's worth it anymore...
Old May 18, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
Originally Posted by agjil
Lifetime status on 500k miles is a big selling factor
Old May 19, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond+ Lifetime, JL Diamond
Originally Posted by Gasolin
With the new redemption rate of OZ on UA I am not sure it's worth it anymore...
If you live in NE Asia and never fly on UA then yes, it can still be worth it.
Old May 19, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: OZ Diamond+ Lifetime, JL Diamond
Originally Posted by garethlewis
Lifetime status on 500k miles is a big selling factor
Get it while you still can. Far too good to last.
Old May 19, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
Originally Posted by sixpaq
Well my focus is QF LTG so I wouldn't even be able to consider *A travel for a good while
Old May 23, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sixpaq
IMO, the longevity of Lifetime Diamond Plus probably depends on how long KE keeps their lifetime option at 500k miles.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by sol95
IMO, the longevity of Lifetime Diamond Plus probably depends on how long KE keeps their lifetime option at 500k miles.
Hopefully the 500k lifetime status options will last for a long time on both KE and OZ.
I haven't thought about it before, but lifetime status at 500k miles is indeed pretty good.
Too bad OZ status doesn't really give you any other meaningful benefits other than the standard *G benefits.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:23 pm

Supposed I fly SQ on Q fare which earns 0 "reward" miles on OZ, will I at least get the "status" miles or it is all or nothing?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Supposed I fly SQ on Q fare which earns 0 "reward" miles on OZ, will I at least get the "status" miles or it is all or nothing?
This kind of question, really puzzles me.

The answer is very simple, "zero". You either pay for a higher booking class that let you earn the miles on OZ metal or you actual (number of) boarding on OZ flights which will counts you towards status.
IF anyone can earn status by flying 0 "reward" miles on OZ, why would anyone pay for a higher booking classes?
Would you earn a status by flying on OZ which earns 0 "reward" miles on SQ metal or not?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by vinx
This kind of question, really puzzles me.

The answer is very simple, "zero". You either pay for a higher booking class that let you earn the miles on OZ metal or you actual (number of) boarding on OZ flights which will counts you towards status.
IF anyone can earn status by flying 0 "reward" miles on OZ, why would anyone pay for a higher booking classes?
Would you earn a status by flying on OZ which earns 0 "reward" miles on SQ metal or not?
Thanks for clarifying. Reason I asked is that I mainly fly DL and on DL partners, reward miles (Sky Miles) and status miles (MQM) are different stuff and they are not always the same. Flying KE and crediting to DL gets reward miles and not MQM. On DL, you always get full MQM (and cabin bonus) and Skymiles are based on price and status multiplier so I do not know what I do not know. But thanks for the response. I will have to buy above Q on SQ then.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
Asiana Club is much less complicated than US airlines' mileage programmes. For determining status, the miles is based on OZ or *A airlines (# flights is OZ-only). This is one of the main attractions of OZ's FF programme (even if you're not based in Korea, or even fly OZ) because the requirements to maintain Diamond (equivalent to *G) are less onerous than other airlines.

As pointed out earlier, short answer to your question is 'zero'. If an SQ earns no miles on OZ, you get nothing. Have a check of the Asiana Club website to see how much fare classes of *A carriers earn (be careful with SQ; a lot of their promotional fare classes earn no miles even for KrisFlyer, let alone Asiana Club!).

Hope this clarifies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.