Search

Asiana Award Routing Rules

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Asiana Award Routing Rules

http://us.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepag...0&menuType=CMS

I can't seem to make sense of their routing rules. I think it means maximum 2 transits if you stay under MPM, but I thought MPM was determined by the airline and not IATA, and does that mean that for certain itineraries with no MPM (as listed on the page) you pay per segment?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:58 pm

With the sky high YQ that OZ charges, you might not want the transits even if you can find them...
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SirJman
With the sky high YQ that OZ charges, you might not want the transits even if you can find them...
Typically when I need to have a lot of transits it's domestic US. For example, I'm trying to book a ticket to Europe. Once I get to JFK, it's JFK-WAW-VIE, end of story, but getting to JFK is quite the challenge and often requires creative routings.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636
http://us.flyasiana.com/C/en/homepag...0&menuType=CMS

I can't seem to make sense of their routing rules. I think it means maximum 2 transits if you stay under MPM, but I thought MPM was determined by the airline and not IATA, and does that mean that for certain itineraries with no MPM (as listed on the page) you pay per segment?
The decision whether to specify a particular route or the MPM system for a given fare rests with the airline filing the fare.

However, the MPM figure itself is airline independent - it depends on the city pair and the direction of the route (Trans-Siberian, Atlantic-Pacific, Eastern Hemisphere, etc).
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, Hertz PC
I have a couple of questions regarding the *A award ticket rules:

* What exactly are "transits"?

* Up to 7 stopovers on one ticker seems exceptionally generous. Are there any restrictions/catches?

* Finally, the awards redemption table shows a price of 50/80/100 K miles for tickets from Europe to Hawaii, which seems like a sweet spot. Any restrictions re. routing? I.e. given that the distance from Europe to Hawaii is about the same whether you go westwards or eastwards, can you choose which way to go: via continental US or via Asia?

Appreciate if anyone could answer any/all of these, thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:30 am

For international itineraries, transits are 24h or less, stopovers are >24h.

You can only transit, not stopover, in order to be covered under one award.

Every stopover will involve a separate award for that leg of the journey. 7 stopovers on one ticket simply means you will pay for 8 separate awards which will be issued under one ticket.
Old May 9, 2015, 7:24 am

So the above post seems to indicate that Asiana doesn't allow stopovers at all.

Is this true, not even one?
Old May 9, 2015, 8:47 am

Not even one, if you are trying to cover a stopover with one award.

If you do ICN o/HKG BKK, you will be charged for ICN-HKG and HKG-BKK.

If you do ICN x/HKG BKK, you will be charged for ICN-BKK, as long as it is within MPM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.