Community
Wiki Posts
Search

seat assignment again

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:07 am
Original Poster

seat assignment again

I have read all those threads about getting seat assignments on this forum, but for the life of me cannot even get my reservation to come up on the Asiana web site. I bought my tickets from Orbitz, so I know that's one of the problems. I sign in with my Asiana club membership number, no reservation found. No where did I even find a place to enter record locator number, eticket number, anything, to try to find my reservation. When I bought from Orbitz, was told I cannot select seats from them. So finally, I happen to look on Checkmytrip, and with my reservation, it shows my assigned seat numbers. So how did I get seat assignments, or did I actually get seat assignments? And is there any way to look up my reservation on the Asiana web site? Man, I hate the Asiana web site. TIA
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AP 75k
Calling them is usually the easiest.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
I've bought my Asiana ticket on Orbitz many times. Just going to share what I've noticed over the years. On Orbitz's website you will need to enter your Asiana club membership number when purchasing the ticket or it might not show up on Asiana's site when you log in. If you have the ticket number starting in 988 you can try calling Asiana to have the membership number linked to that ticket. Also, it takes several hours after purchasing the ticket on Orbitz for the record locator to show up on Asiana's website. So if you try to go to Asiana's website to assign a seat right after purchasing on Orbitz, the Asiana website will say there is no such ticket.

As for seat assignment, Orbitz usually takes your preference (seat or aisle) if you selected on and that basically gets auto assigned. I think it just selects the first window or aisle available.

What is interesting is that Asiana's website was updated very recently. A lot of features were added but unfortunately it still leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree with chocobill, calling Asiana will usually resolve any issues with seat assignment.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Haven't booked OZ on Orbitz so I'm not an expert on that but I've had the same problem with both Expedia and the OZ website bookings. Sometimes it's just because the website is really picky about PNRs and names so I usually can get things to behave better with the ticket number. Also OZ blocks a lot more seats than almost everybody else from early assignment. Usually I can call and get something but even being a D+ doesn't always help if the computer is not showing the actually open seats to the agents that we can't see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.