Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Infant in F class using Star Alliance award redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infant in F class using Star Alliance award redemption

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:19 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
A slightly different angle on the same problem: Anybody had any luck booking an lap-infant in F on a *A carrier via OZ?

I am trying to book a ticket with TG in F through Asiana Club for myself, wife and son.

The human robots at the OZ FRA office insist that infants pay 100% mileage to travel despite the website and page 32 of the membership guide stating that infant deduction is at 10% of the regular rate for adults.

The only response I have so far is that they can contact HQ and have the website and membership guide updated to reflect infants in lap being 100% of mileage required for award tickets.

Is the LA office better at handling such requests perhaps?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:16 pm

My experience just now is that the LA office still thinks the old policy is in effect. I have a UA award ticket with an OZ F (suites) segment, with an infant ticketed at the usual 10% rate. When I called OZ just now to confirm that things look ok on their end (because of gleff's warnings about UA awards with OZ segments not ticketing correctly) I got warned that I might have problems at the airport because of the infant not being allowed.

My hope is that the F check-in agents at ICN would be fully versed in the correct rules. (My interpretation would anyway have been that it's a rule for OZ awards, and not applicable to *A awards, but if you're arguing you're losing, so I'm glad that the stated policy seems to have changed....) It sounds like there are no reports of anyone having issues being denied at the airport, but just in case, is there any documentation that it would be sensible for me to bring (in addition to a printout of the infant's ticket showing the fare paid, plus a printout of the website that KosherKimchee linked to in post #12)?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:42 pm

Anyone travel with an infant ticketed through UA or other *A?

Two adults with 1 infant - trying to decide between Asiana F or EVA J.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:48 pm

We flew a few weeks ago and had no issue (checking in at NRT). The check-in agent did look at the documentation I brought, showing the infant's UA ticket number and that we had paid the 10% fare.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by palefire
We flew a few weeks ago and had no issue (checking in at NRT). The check-in agent did look at the documentation I brought, showing the infant's UA ticket number and that we had paid the 10% fare.
Thanks!

How was the flight? Did you get the bassinet seats in front and actually use the bassinet?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:31 pm

The flight was terrific! I don't think there are bassinets in F (and maybe not in J either, on the plane we were on). We had 1G and 1K in the new 772 suites. The only other occupied suite was 1A. We set up the car seat in 2K and had planned to let the baby sleep there on her own, but the flight ended up being pretty turbulent (not bad, just frequent) so we never quite got around to it. The baby slept in my wife's arms, and we took turns while the baby was awake.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I also will be flying tin OZ F ICN-LAX in Oct using a United redemption. What documentation did you provide that you paid the 10%? Every time I ask United for some documentation, they say that it is in the system and that they don't have anything to send me.

Any info you could provide would help!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:33 pm

I don't have any future reservations on United right now so I can't give you exact instructions, but if you're looking at your reservation on United.com, somewhere there's an option to "view your receipt" or "view your itinerary and receipt" or something like that -- not necessarily in an obvious place but if you look around carefully you should find it. You get a page with your confirmation number in the upper right, followed by traveler info, followed by itinerary, followed by fare breakdown and payment info. There's also a drop-down menu in the upper right, where you can select the other passengers. Select the infant. The fare paid should be displayed in the fare breakdown.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:46 pm

I don't have any future reservations on United right now so I can't give you exact instructions, but if you're looking at your reservation on United.com, somewhere there's an option to "view your receipt" or "view your itinerary and receipt" or something like that -- not necessarily in an obvious place but if you look around carefully you should find it. You get a page with your confirmation number in the upper right, followed by traveler info, followed by itinerary, followed by fare breakdown and payment info. There's also a drop-down menu in the upper right, where you can select the other passengers. Select the infant. The fare paid should be displayed in the fare breakdown.

Well then, looks like I do have a problem. I do click on "view your receipt" and only me and my wife show up as passengers and it does not show any information about the payment I made in February in the "fare breakdown" section.

The only difference is when I click on "view receipt" i go to a static page, that almost looks like a print preview page (no links or buttons, just bare receipt) and there is no option in the top right to select passenger. The receipt just has a section for passengers and my wife and I are listed in it....
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:49 pm

Has your infant actually been ticketed yet? When you make the infant booking, United puts it in a special ticketing queue prioritized by travel date, and my experience is that this is sometimes a black hole.

As an alternative: check your online credit card account and see whether the charge for the infant back in Feb (assuming it went through!) has any other info associated to it, such as ticket number.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:55 pm

Has your infant actually been ticketed yet? When you make the infant booking, United puts it in a special ticketing queue prioritized by travel date, and my experience is that this is sometimes a black hole.

As an alternative: check your online credit card account and see whether the charge for the infant back in Feb (assuming it went through!) has any other info associated to it, such as ticket number.
Yes, I do have a credit card charge. Also, they did give me a separate record locator for my son (different than my wife and I) and also gave me his ticket number. When I try to enter his record locator on the United website, it gives me an error message. I called United and they insist that there is nothing wrong and that the record locator is linked to ours. Any way I can look up his ticket using the ticket number we were given?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:16 pm

Don't know what to tell you from here, sorry....
You might at least call again to find out whether there's an OZ record locator associated to your son's UA record locator, though....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.