Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

HKG-ICN, C award ticket, what is better? 747 or 74E?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond

I've been looking around on this forum for a definitive answer, and can't seem to find one. Is there any difference between flying HKG-ICN on the Asiana 747 vs. the 747 Combi when booking a C (business) ticket? Thanks for the help!

This seems like it might be useful info to add to the FAQ thread.

Last edited by ToneDaBass; May 22, 2012 at 12:29 am
Old May 21, 2012, 7:04 pm

I am interested in finding out too. Can you report on trip when you are back?
Old May 21, 2012, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
I'm only flying one-way, so I'll only experience one or the other. Whichever one I end up taking though, I'll report what I find.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:46 pm
soy

Programs: various
No difference, unless you want to sit in downstairs C cabin for some reason
Old May 21, 2012, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
I've been looking around on this forum for a definitive answer, and can't seem to find one. Is there any difference between flying HKG-ICN on the Asiana 747 vs. the 747 Combi when booking a C (business) ticket? Thanks for the help!

This seems like useful info to add to the FAQ thread.
It is a matter of one has more C seats and the other has less C seats, you look at the seat map you will get your answer, instead of being a FAQ.

Combi only has C seats in upper deck.

Pax has C seats both in upper deck and main deck.
Old May 22, 2012, 12:28 am
Original Poster

I looked at the seat maps already on seatguru, but there's a 10" difference in pitch on the C seats listed there, which makes me a bit skeptical. Wuantity is no big deal to me since there's availability on both. I was just wondering about any QUALITY differences.
Old May 22, 2012, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
I looked at the seat maps already on seatguru, but there's a 10" difference in pitch on the C seats listed there, which makes me a bit skeptical. Wuantity is no big deal to me since there's availability on both. I was just wondering about any QUALITY differences.
I have explained in another thread about do NOT trust whatever it said on seatguru when it come to non-US airlines.

If you look at the seat map already, you already know it is not even possible there is a 10" difference between C seats on 747PAX and 747COMBI, as both planes have the same 6 rows 24 seats in the upper deck.

Seatguru always give false information, just like OZ has the 777 version with QS equipped C seat, they don't even with the seat map, so it is misleading to other people. Also, even the seat map they have for 3 class 777, there is a toilet in front of 1DG, but it is missing from the seat map, so people unfamiliar with the plane would think F and C share the 2 toilets.

What QUALITY difference you want to know about ? 747 PAX is exactly the same the 747 COMBI, they both look exactly the same from the outside, just inside for COMBI from the middle of main deck to the back of the plane use for cargo, with a wall built in to separate seats and cargo, so because of the configuration, there are less C and Y seats on the combi.. They both use the same F / C / Y seats with same AVOD.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 22, 2012 at 3:37 pm
Old May 22, 2012, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
They both use the same F / C / Y seats with same AVOD.
Cool, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks! Yeah, I know not to always trust SeatGuru, that's why I checked a more reliable source: here!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.