Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

OZ codeshare on NZ metal, eligible for miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold

Hi

Don't know if it is appropriate to open new thread on this, but i haven't come across usefull information on my own.....

I am trying to book a trip AKL-SYD-ICN on OZ, where the AKL-SYD leg is actually on NZ metal, and im trying to figure out if it earns OZ miles.. Because most of NZ flights earn nothing on partner programmes..

The booking is on OZ code, class S. I did a little research on OZ website, and it states:
OZ and Star carrier code share flights: Eligible to accrue mileage. In case the operating airline is a star alliance member, miles earned accrual shall be based on the flight and standard accrual chart of the operating airline.
ex) Incheon / Nagoya OZ / NH code share flight: Eligible to accrue mileage
The operating airline is NZ, and according to their chart, S class doesn't earn anything.. But the S class on OZ code got to be different to S class on NZ.... Am i interpreting this correctly?

Crediting it to NZ isn't an option, i have totally given up that programme.... completely useless since i fly often on *A...

Thanks in advance...
Old Nov 15, 2011, 1:29 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If it is a cheap economy fare then chances are it maps to a non-earning NZ booking class. That has been my experience with SQ codeshares on NZ (annoyingly even applies to first class SQ fares).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If it is a cheap economy fare then chances are it maps to a non-earning NZ booking class. That has been my experience with SQ codeshares on NZ (annoyingly even applies to first class SQ fares).
Thanks for the reply... It's pretty difficult to map to a mile earning class on NZ, but just hope that i can earn some mile from the OZ code....

It;s surprising that you can't get mile on SQ first class codeshare.... i thought all F class bookings are mile earning ones...... and according to their website:
Between Star carriers: Eligible for Asiana mileage
ex) Nagoya / San Diego NH / UA code share flight: Eligible to accrue mileage
i feel like im avoiding NZ like a plague at the moment......
Old Nov 15, 2011, 4:11 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
It's always the operating aircraft (or 'metal' as some people like to call them) that counts towards earning, not who the ticket was booked through.

Therefore, if NZ give no miles in S, then you'll get no miles.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:24 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by 123dd
It;s surprising that you can't get mile on SQ first class codeshare.... i thought all F class bookings are mile earning ones...... and according to their website:
First (F/R) fare with SQ but with NZ domestic flights included. Whenever I've gotten the NZ domestic flights on SQ codeshare I've gotten no miles. Annoyingly petty that they don't use a high economy booking class for the domestic flights on those fares.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 4:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Doug_1970
Therefore, if NZ give no miles in S, then you'll get no miles.
S booked on the OZ codeshare is likely another booking class on NZ.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Why not just give NZ a call and find out?
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Why not just give NZ a call and find out?
You mean give OZ a call? That's what I'm planning to do, but it's like only 2000+ miles, so won't bother me that much, really just curious..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.