Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

How to get from Clark to Manila Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2009, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K

I have been looking evrywhere and I cannot find any good info on how I can get from Manila Airport to Clark Airport.

What is the best way and is there a coach service? I know taxis would do the trick but at what cost?

I am flying in on Cebu Pacific and flying out on Jet Star.
Old May 3, 2009, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
You have the question one way round in the title and the other in the text, but from the airlines I'm assuming you are arriving at Clark and departing from Manila (NAIA).

The way to get a "taxi" from the airport is from Avis car counter. This will cost in the range PHP 3,000-4,000, fixed price.

The alternative is to get a normal meter taxi from Clark to the "Dao bus terminal" (cost about PHP200) and then get the Pasay City bus (cost PHP2-300) to the Pasay City terminal (there are a number of bus companies - Victory Liner buses are good), and then again a taxi to Manila airport (NAIA) (which will also cost about PHP2-300). During the day the Pasay City buses run about every 15 minutes.

Total journey time by buses etc would be about 4 hours; by direct Avis taxi about 2 hours. Both are dependant on traffic - Manila has bad days, and you have to get all the way across it from one extreme to the other. To be safe I would want 4 hours between Clark arrival and NAIA departure if doing the taxi, and 6 if doing the bus.

For future reference, if all you are doing is connecting and you have no reason otherwise to be in Clark/Manila, then I really wouldn't recommend connecting this way unless you have no choice. Even going on flights via, say, Hong Kong or Macau, would make more sense to me.
Old May 3, 2009, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. Actually, the flight is from Cagayan de Oro to Manila and then from Clark to Singapore.

An alternative for me is from Cagayan de Oro to Cebu connecting onto a flight from Cebu to Clark. This is actually cheaper than a taxi.
Old May 4, 2009, 2:16 am
Suspended

Eh? I can find no evidence that Jetstar flies to/from Clark. Their website says they fly from Manila NAIA.
Old May 5, 2009, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Mindanao to Indonesia???

Wow - my head is not right. - Your right - Jet Star flies out of Manila.

My route is actually Cagayan De Oro to Darwin.

Cheapest Route is Clark to Singapore on Tiger Airways connecting onto JetStar to Darwin.

Getting from Cagayan de Oro to Clark seems to be cheaper if I take the flight to Cebu and then transfer onto Cebu Pacific to Clark, rather than fly direct to Manila and catch a taxi.

Another route could be Cagayan de Oro to Davao on Cebu Pacific then Davao to Singapore on Silk Air connecting onto JetStar to Darwin. But Silk Air has moved along way from being cheap like it once was.

I do not know of any direct flights from Mindanao to Manado or anywhere in Indonesia for that fact anymore. Do any exist?

Rumours still persist of a direct JetStar route from Darwin to Manila when Jetstar decides to use Darwin as Hub to spoke out to Asia and spoke out to Southern Australian cities. This way they can operate baby airbuses everywhere.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
If memory serves, there's bus service from the CRK terminal to Pasay for P250 timed to leave after Air Asia flight arrivals. I don't know if other carriers have this arrangement, but I took the bus about a year ago. It was run by a private company and you paid for tickets onboard, so I'm sure they'd take passengers from other airlines. Air Asia's website might have info about this buried deep somewhere.

You do have other possible routing combinations on the flights, as others mentioned.
Old May 6, 2009, 3:57 am

Lion Air/Wings Air supposedly still has a once-weekly Davao-Manado flight, although this is designated a "charter" and doesn't show up in regular schedules -- best inquire locally. If you do get to Manado, from there you can continue onto Denpasar-Bali, and then Darwin.

I'd wager a fair amount that CRK-SIN-DRW is still the easiest and cheapest option through.
Old May 6, 2009, 1:03 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Why not just go CGY-MNL-SIN all on a single Cebu Pacific ticket? They aren't only point to point like AirAsia or Tiger. Cebu Pacific sells tickets with connections.
Old May 7, 2009, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Why not just go CGY-MNL-SIN all on a single Cebu Pacific ticket? They aren't only point to point like AirAsia or Tiger. Cebu Pacific sells tickets with connections.
Good Point. Price is around $130 USD OW. Still pretty good without the headaches.
Old May 17, 2009, 8:05 pm
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
although there are nonstop buses from Manila to Clark (and vice versa), i would suggest that you avoid connecting to CRK from MNL if possible via land
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:29 am
Original Poster

FYI: Zest Air now flies from Manila to Clark for P350 each way all in (around $8)

Great deal but only 1 flight daily.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:39 am
Suspended

Thanks for the heads up. It seems that the same plane then does a CRK-HKG-CRK run at much more civilised times than Cebu Pacific so it will be interesting to see how that competition pans out. Cebu Pacific hasn't been close to full the last few times I flew it, so I'm not sure there's room for two carriers on that route!

Bear in mind that it's not quite all in - I think you're going to have to pay a domestic departure tax at the airport which would be about the same as the airfare!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.