Wiki Posts
Search

Siem Reap in October-Monsoons?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Siem Reap in October-Monsoons?

I'm trying to push our trip further out into November, but a variety of factors may make that impossible.

Will the monsoons in October severely hamper a visit to the Khmer temples?

I've been to SGN (Ho Chi Minh) in September with little problem, but then I was in the city, not out in the country side.

Any advice much appreciated. TIA.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:04 am

It's going to be drippy, but as usual in the tropics, it's unlikely to rain all day.
Try to do your sightseeing early in the morning, as the rains usually start only in the afternoon. While main roads in Siem Reap and Angkor are paved, you'll have to contend with seriously muddy roads for any trips off the beaten track.

On the upside, the temples will be quite a bit quieter than usual, and you can get good rates in the better hotels. So I'd go for it if I was you.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jpatokal
On the upside, the temples will be quite a bit quieter than usual, and you can get good rates in the better hotels. So I'd go for it if I was you.
Thanks for the info. I think we will do it. It's for mid-October and I've read that not only are the temples much less crowded, but the foliage is lush, the reflecting pools are full, and the birds are more visible during the rainy season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.