Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Help with BKK Hotel Choice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 7:08 am
Original Poster

OT: Help with BKK Hotel Choice

Greetings!

I am in need of help. I need a cheapo BKK hotel (the two people I'm meeting up with are cheap).

http://www.wotif.com/Search.jsp?regi...x=0&refine.y=0

Any suggestions? I have no idea which ones are in a "good" location (e.g.: close to nightclubs).

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
you might find some suggestions here
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Greetings!

I am in need of help. I need a cheapo BKK hotel (the two people I'm meeting up with are cheap).

http://www.wotif.com/Search.jsp?regi...x=0&refine.y=0

Any suggestions? I have no idea which ones are in a "good" location (e.g.: close to nightclubs).

Thanks in advance.
Try Asia Hotel - it's cheap enough but bearable. There is a BTS station right there. MBK/Siam is 5/10 minutes walk.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:37 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
This is a bit too OT for SQ forum. Moving to Asia destination forum.

Kiwi Flyer
SQ moderator
Old Sep 2, 2006, 8:42 pm

What is your price range? How long are you staying? Which area will you be visiting the most? (There are nightclubs and discos in several areas of Bangkok.)
Old Sep 3, 2006, 9:13 pm

You might try this http://www.suk11.com/. Very convenient location and clean and safe.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:19 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
I've always liked The Karnmanee Palace in the Saphan Kwai area. It is very popular with Asian business travelers and often is booked up. Internet single rate is 1100 baht, 1200 for a double. I can't recall any tourist-oriented nightclubs in the area (just a few karaoke bars and Thai-oriented gay bars), but the nearest Skytrain station is only a 10-15 minute walk, as is a new shopping mall. A 70-80 baht cab ride can take you most anywhere where the clubs are, and after rush hour it is a pretty quick trip. The rooftop swimming pool is a pleasant place is enjoy a late afternoon drink with a view of the Bangkok skyline. Karnmanee is also quite near the famous and massive Chatuchak weekend market where cheap friends can find many bargains on things like souvenirs, home furnishings, all things fabric, and spider monkeys .
Old Sep 5, 2006, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies and movement.

I'll be staying in Silom at the Holiday Inn Silom - should be good enough.

Has anyone been to Ko Chang? I'm just wondering as I can go there but only if I can get to Trat airport in time to catch the 0930 Bangkok Airways flight from Trat to BKK,.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:48 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Thanks for your replies and movement.

I'll be staying in Silom at the Holiday Inn Silom - should be good enough.

Has anyone been to Ko Chang? I'm just wondering as I can go there but only if I can get to Trat airport in time to catch the 0930 Bangkok Airways flight from Trat to BKK,.
You may want to stay in Trat the night before. There are bunch of cheapo, decent guesthouses 10 minutes walk south of the market on Th Charoen. Eat dinner at the market. Some English is spoken, but you can just point and get a great dinner for $2 or so, if you're splurging. Lots of pickup truck transport around.

(Ask for a renovated room at the Holiday Inn. Good restaurant 10 minutes walk from the HI, Ban Chiang (at least, it used to be good). Take Surasak south, pass 5 or 6 street food vendors, dodge a couple of motos, and head east 1/2 block.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.